Anyone else Zedge?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I love zedge and have it set as my default for ring tones. But I have a ring tone it want to use that isn't from zedge. It appears Android won't let me use BOTH zedge and the Android system for ring tones at the same time. I've placed the mp3 in the zedge /ring tone folder via usb cable from my pc.
But it doesn't show up in zedge to use.
Any Zedgers out there got insights ?

Sent from Marx Maxx

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
All my zedge ringtones show up under android system ringtones. Strange yours don't.

ummm... Where are those? Setting,, sounds only show default ringtones and then it opens up that zedge Window.

Create a Zedge account, upload your tone. Send the link to yourself. I do this all the time.

Sent from Razr Maximus
Tried that dood. Said my tune was copy written and shame on me.

Sent from Marx Maxx

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Manage apps>all>zedge, scroll down and hit clear defaults. Next time it pops up asking you what to use to choose a ring tone make sure the always use boslx isn't checked. From there you can either choose zedge or android system

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Manage apps>all>zedge, scroll down and hit clear defaults. Next time it pops up asking you what to use to choose a ring tone make sure the always use boslx isn't checked. From there you can either choose zedge or android system

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

This is correct. I never chose a default, that way I could pick where to get my ringtones from.

Reactions: carracerz14

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Wish there was a way to set text message tones individually for a contract instead of just one for everyone.

Sent from Marx Maxx

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I download the ringtones to my PC from the Zedge web site, reduce their bit rate to 64 and then manually copy them to the phone. Do the same with wallpapers.

Defy-Me

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend not using zedge as half of the mp3 are corrupted. But back to your subject have u tried.. Drag n drop to pc and changed ur ringtone to .MP3

Your Faithful Decoder/GFX

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You guys are doing it all wrong. You're supposed to grab YouTube Downloader and pull any song you want from YT, drag & drop it on your phone, then use Ringdroid or Ringtone Maker and create as you wish.

Continentalcoasting

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry this is off topic but I did the exact opposite and by accident chose Samsung Galaxy tones by default, now having trouble opening with zedge. I am having a hell of a time locating the correct folder in my app manager to clear the default setting. Would you by chance know how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It can vary with the device, but you should be able to clear all defaults or app preferences in Settings/Apps. Look for an option to clear defaults using the context menu there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just go to my stock music player, long press the song I want to use and it gives me options for phone ringtone or contact ringtone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded tones from Zedge that caused the battery to drain. Deleted Zedge, cleared partition and problem solved. I have downloaded one Zedge ringtone and it works, guess it was not corrupt. I haven't tried the MP3 conversion tho.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just go to my stock music player, long press the song I want to use and it gives me options for phone ringtone or contact ringtone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Until I saw your post I didn't realize the stock Moto music app was still present after the JB update. In fact, it is still installed & functional but the app shortcut was removed from the app drawer. I used "QuickShortcutMaker" to create a shortcut, put it in a home screen folder along with Play Music and now have the convenience of using any playing sound file as a ring tone again. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2