Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exercise arm band for your Maxx

Anybody found one that fits?
    I'm thinking we need the Magnum size for this big boy.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

Default Re: Exercise arm band for your Maxx

I've been looking for one too. I'm going to check out best buy. Need it this Saturday for a 10K my gf is participating in. I'll let you know what I find.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    I've been looking for one too. I'm going to check out best buy. Need it this Saturday for a 10K my gf is participating in. I'll let you know what I find.
    I looked at Best Buy today and none were big enough. The one at the Verizon store was too small too. Let me know if you find one. I've looked at Amazon and didn't see any that people were really happy with. Most of them the phone jack was a problem.
    10k? Good for her,!

Sent from Marx Maxx

Amazon.com: ARKON XXL-ARMBAND Sports Armband for Samsung Galaxy S3 and 4.8-Inch Screen Smartphones - 1 Pack - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is what I bought and the headphone jack is a problem but not that big of a problem. I just had to pull it a bit more but I might end up just cutting a little bit of fiber off and it should do the trick.

I also had the Seidio case on it when I put it in and it fit fine in there.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Excellent thanks I might try that one. The only reason I want one is if you're working out and have Maxx in a pocket and you move that headphone jack ONE millimeter, it'll pause skip or stop music playback. Same aggravating thing as with my ex- x.
    Guess it's just inherent to Droid or Motorola.
    Either way, it's the most irritating thing about maxx. But I can work around that. Lol.

Sent from Marx Maxx

The one that comes with the Motorola S10 HD Bluetooth stereo headset works perfectly. You could contact Motorola and see if it can be purchased seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    The one that comes with the Motorola S10 HD Bluetooth stereo headset works perfectly. You could contact Motorola and see if it can be purchased seperately.
    How do you like the S10 headset?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

You know by the time I buy a nice fitting holder, I might as well buy myself a bluetooth headset to exercise with. I mean, really, that's the only reason is the headphone jack thing getting moved in my pocket. Say your doing seated exercises, it'll maybe pinch it up and it'll just go off. I don't think it's defective because as I said, my ex-X did the same irritating thing.
    Ya, might look at a better BT exercise headset. I use one to talk on, but not work out with.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    I looked at Best Buy today and none were big enough. The one at the Verizon store was too small too. Let me know if you find one. I've looked at Amazon and didn't see any that people were really happy with. Most of them the phone jack was a problem.
    10k? Good for her,!

Sent from Marx Maxx
    I didn't find anything at best buy. Looks like she won't have anything to occupy her.
    Yeah, a 10k. I'll pass. I hate running.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock RAZR ICS Release

I bought this TuneBelt armband from Amazon.

It's definitely big enough, and I discovered that it's really easy to roll the back edge down to take a quick photo if you see something inspiring during your run (ok, probably not the best selling point, but helpful for me). The top is open, so the headphone jack isn't an issue.

It holds the Maxx (mine without case), and you can control the screen through the screen cover. It's reasonably comfortable, but I ultimately just got a Motoactv and started leaving the phone at home.

Eventually, I just found the Maxx to be a bit too large to run with consistently (but I did like having the Garmin Fit app and having literally everything on one device that I would have all of the time anyway). It is nice to be able to use a heart-rate monitor with the Motoactv, but it doesn't hold nearly the number of songs, etc.

So I'm off-topic, but that armband does work really well with a Maxx. Good luck to your gf.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    I didn't find anything at best buy. Looks like she won't have anything to occupy her.
    Yeah, a 10k. I'll pass. I hate running.
    Yea, I hate that we're having problems finding one that'll fit. Maybe soon some will come out.
    I love to run, my 50 year old knees however are not as happy about it as my 25 year old brain is though.
    ;-)

Sent from Marx Maxx

I found one at walmart I was using with my DRD X and it fit my MAXX perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Charli View Post
    I found one at walmart I was using with my DRD X and it fit my MAXX perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Excellent. Can you post the name or model number please?

Sent from Marx Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by atlantar6 View Post
    How do you like the S10 headset?
    I bought the S9's when they first came out and was very satisfied with them. Then my oldest son brought home a Jack Russell terrier that ate my S9's. By this time the S10 HD's were out so I picked them up as a replacement.

I really like the S10's a lot better, the sound quality is improved over the 9's. So is the battery life. When I work out I tend to sweat a lot and the S10's are water resistant. You can pick up the retail packaging on amazon for 49.99 (link below) and that should include the armband. They are well worth the investment.

Amazon.com: Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones- Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Its a Phillips arm band. Don't have a model number since I bought it last year. Found it where the iphone arm band were. I believe it was $10.00

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    Yea, I hate that we're having problems finding one that'll fit. Maybe soon some will come out.
    I love to run, my 50 year old knees however are not as happy about it as my 25 year old brain is though.
    ;-)

Sent from Marx Maxx
    I'm going to see if Walmart has the one for the Droid X.
    I hate running but I'll do it because its good for me. Haha

I hate to resurect a long dead thread but I was wondering if an armband was ever released. I see Amazon (Mediabridge) sells one for the MAXX HD. Do the MAXX and the MAXX HD have the same button positions, jack holes, size, and everything else but the screen?