Razr Maxx Widget Question

hertfordkc

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
New to smartphones via Amazon and Verizon. RMaxx serves as hotspot at home after I became disgusted with landline deterioration and inaction. As a fairly skilled PC user, I'm struggling to find good documentation of various features and software. This forum looks like a good solution to that problem. Otherwise, the RMaxx is great.
My problem: After trying Smart Apps, I loaded Tasker to really get my geek on. However, the method described in the Tasker website isn't working for me (or I don't understand it). I tried to follow the "Create Widgets" thread in this forum, but am still missing how I get one of Tasker's icon onto the home screens and connected to a task.
Please elaborate.
Thanks.
Hertfordkc
Edit/Delete Message

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Is your Razr Maxx currently on Ice Cream Sandwich? To find out, go to Settings > About Phone and let us know what is your Android Version.

hertfordkc

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've stumbled into the solution. As pointed out on other threads:
From the home screen, click on Apps
At the top right, click on widgets.
Find "Task" icon (looks like the Tasker icon) and long press it.
Your Tasks will appear. Select the task that you want to associate with an icon--->a widget

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've stumbled into the solution. As pointed out on other threads:
From the home screen, click on Apps
At the top right, click on widgets.
Find "Task" icon (looks like the Tasker icon) and long press it.
Your Tasks will appear. Select the task that you want to associate with an icon--->a widget
Tasker is crazy-powerful! I used the method you described above to add homescreen widgets for "Car Mode" (turn volume all the way up for connection to my car stereo and enable Bluetooth to connect to the hands-free system) and "Headphone Mode" (turn volume down to a reasonable level when the phone is being used as a media player at work).