Google voice search not working!

sfg49r

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My Google voice search app is not appearing. I have gone to Google play store and it won't even let me install from there. Can anyone help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you don't get a voice prompt if you long press the search button? Because it should be preinstalled already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

sfg49r

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I can get the voice prompt when I use the keyboard. But I can't get the actual app by itself. This all happened after I got ics and did a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forum

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you're on your homescreen and you long press the search button? Nothing?

Also, you know that you need a data connection for voice search to work, right? So either 3G/4G or Wifi needs to be on.

csmith1501

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I think sfg49r means he doesn't have the shortcut / icon to press (I didn't on one of my Razrs). Search the forum for:

Missing the Voice Search button? Here's the fix

I downloaded the recommended app and had "Voice Search" back in minutes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think sfg49r means he doesn't have the shortcut / icon to press (I didn't on one of my Razrs). Search the forum for:

Missing the Voice Search button? Here's the fix

I downloaded the recommended app and had "Voice Search" back in minutes.

I see--but my point was that a shortcut isn't necessary, since long-pressing the hard search button is a built-in shortcut. If that's not working, I would wonder if there's something wrong with the Voice Search function itself. Voice Search is a stock app, so it can't be uninstalled--that's why you can't install it from Google Play. The only thing you could do there would be to update it, if an update were available.

Reactions: csmith1501

csmith1501

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
While I like the shortcut, I certainly didn't know about long-pressing the hard search button. That's a very good tip. I've learned two good things on my first day on Android Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87