Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google voice search not working!

My Google voice search app is not appearing. I have gone to Google play store and it won't even let me install from there. Can anyone help me?

So you don't get a voice prompt if you long press the search button? Because it should be preinstalled already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I can get the voice prompt when I use the keyboard. But I can't get the actual app by itself. This all happened after I got ics and did a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forum

Default Re: Google voice search not working!

What happens if you're on your homescreen and you long press the search button? Nothing?

Also, you know that you need a data connection for voice search to work, right? So either 3G/4G or Wifi needs to be on.

I think sfg49r means he doesn't have the shortcut / icon to press (I didn't on one of my Razrs). Search the forum for:

Missing the Voice Search button? Here's the fix

I downloaded the recommended app and had "Voice Search" back in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith1501 View Post
    I think sfg49r means he doesn't have the shortcut / icon to press (I didn't on one of my Razrs). Search the forum for:

Missing the Voice Search button? Here's the fix

I downloaded the recommended app and had "Voice Search" back in minutes.
    I see--but my point was that a shortcut isn't necessary, since long-pressing the hard search button is a built-in shortcut. If that's not working, I would wonder if there's something wrong with the Voice Search function itself. Voice Search is a stock app, so it can't be uninstalled--that's why you can't install it from Google Play. The only thing you could do there would be to update it, if an update were available.
    csmith1501 likes this.

While I like the shortcut, I certainly didn't know about long-pressing the hard search button. That's a very good tip. I've learned two good things on my first day on Android Central.