Thank you ICS

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank ICS for making the Razr Maxx boards less boring. With GB all we had to say was how great the Maxx was. Now we all get sound more like the Nexus owners with so much more to talk about. Since the update we now have great subjects like; Random Screen Wakes, Decreased Battery life for some, Flash, Email, Radar animation, Contact Sync, One phone suicide, Lock screen and more. Thank you ICS for all the upgrades and all the new material for discussion on this forum. I was getting so bored with the same ole praise for this device pre-ICS. Thank you so much.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues minus poor wi-fi performance but Verizon and moto are releasing a patch next month to squash some bugs. The razr and maxx have gotten numerous ota bug fixes and they are still working with the device after the update which is more support then most verizon devices ever get. For those experiencing issues i hope the patch fixes the problems that you are having but for me ics has made this device a contender to the latest devices that have been launched running 4.0.4 out of the gate.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the reason I wasn't excited to get rid of GB. The MAXX was a great phone before ICS and a OK phone now.

Correct. I like ICS, but I have a spare MAXX at home still on GB, think I will be turning that phone on when I get home. For me, it's just signal issue. When the patch gets released, I will activate the ICS one again and see if it fixes the problem.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with the update. I have not any any issues with it at all. Gingerbread was my problem not ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pawj112

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If we never updated or upgraded anything in fear of a few bugs, then we'd still be using telephones with the dials. Yeah it sucks to have a few bugs, and for a tiny minority those bugs render the phone almost unusable. But the vast majority are LOVING ICS, me included.

I can deal with a few minor issues if it means they are improving and progressing. A month with ICS and a few of it's bugs is perfectly fine with me. After the update, there will still be a few bugs but it will be better.

Gingerbread had it's fair share of bugs too. The grass is certainly greener where you stand in this scenario.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, if you stand still you are already behind the curve. While there are definitely some issues on some phones upgraded to ICS I tend to believe it's affecting a relatively small percentage of users. Most users seem entirely thrilled with ICS. If the expected patch next month corrects the problem phone issues the upgrade will be accepted almost universally as a huge improvement and a resounding success. (Fingers crossed for those with issues).

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any signal issues. You guys are forgetting that ics reads signal differently. So the bars may seem less but it's really the same signal probably. You have to look at the dbm value under about phone you can't judge it by the bars

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Reactions: Anonne

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any signal issues. You guys are forgetting that ics reads signal differently. So the bars may seem less but it's really the same signal probably. You have to look at the dbm value under about phone you can't judge it by the bars

That's actually a good point to bring up. I will say this, on GB it said I was at -85 pretty consistently and now on ICS I hover around -115. I'm assuming this is what you are talking about.

But in all actuality, I haven't really noticed much difference in actual performance. I could care less what the bar reads, as long as the actual speeds stay the same.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's actually a good point to bring up. I will say this, on GB it said I was at -85 pretty consistently and now on ICS I hover around -115. I'm assuming this is what you are talking about.

But in all actuality, I haven't really noticed much difference in actual performance. I could care less what the bar reads, as long as the actual speeds stay the same.

Exactly. A lot of people have said don't even worry about what it says and the best judge is real world performance. Although my dbm are about 10-15 lower now on ics(by lower I mean better) so I guess it may just depend on your area

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
It's actually pretty funny considering how many people were complaining about not having ICS quicker. Now that it's here, most of those people are complaining about how buggy the phone is for them. First world problems I suppose.

I love ICS and seriously believe that GB can't hold a candle to it. In my honest opinion, anyway.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

This mimics my experience as well. I believe ICS is merely reporting signal strength differently. I see zero real-world difference in voice communications or data speeds.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's actually pretty funny considering how many people were complaining about not having ICS quicker. Now that it's here, most of those people are complaining about how buggy the phone is for them. First world problems I suppose.

I love ICS and seriously believe that GB can't hold a candle to it. In my honest opinion, anyway.

I was one who wanted it quicker, and I am SO glad to have it. I knew as soon as it came out, people would start to complain like Moto and Verizon had sliced their package clean off, when in reality it was much better even with a few bugs.

I am going to be very vocal about my enjoyment of ICS because I was also very vocal about my frustrations and impatience when it was taking forever to get. Until I own a phone with zero bugs, I will always kind of feel like a Beta tester anyway, and I would MUCH rather beta test ICS than Gingerbread.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I was one who wanted it quicker, and I am SO glad to have it. I knew as soon as it came out, people would start to complain like Moto and Verizon had sliced their package clean off, when in reality it was much better even with a few bugs.

I am going to be very vocal about my enjoyment of ICS because I was also very vocal about my frustrations and impatience when it was taking forever to get. Until I own a phone with zero bugs, I will always kind of feel like a Beta tester anyway, and I would MUCH rather beta test ICS than Gingerbread.

Progress, man. We gotta keep moving forward.

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just want to play embedded flash videos again from my browser. That's all I want. Hopefully the update fixes this. If it does, then I will go back to singing this phone's praises.

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Sure my Maxx does some weird sometimes since the ICS upgrade but all in all i love ICS.. Running 100% stock & keeping it that way..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Being gentle here. I'm not sure an operating system can affect radio performance. The radio is still the same radio and is still receiving the same signal. It has to. Physics is unaffected by software, it just *is*. So while ICS may report it differently, the signal induced in the antenna and processed by the analog circuitry remains exactly the same. I would ignore the signal reporting. As well as he battery reporting. Those are mostly marketing numbers anyway. The marketing departments of every phone maker want their phones to look good, so by heavens those bars WILL be as high as they can get away with them reporting the elements shown as (nice grammar, Mike :) ). The reporting code probably just hasn't been fiddled with by the marketing department. Yet. When the patch comes out and your signal apparently goes up, I will bet you that marketing had something to do with that.

You can make a completely dead antenna report full bars if you want to. It doesn't reflect the real world.

Oh, and yes. Yes I am engineer, and yes I have designed wireless and antenna systems. Thank you.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle