How to get out of a group text message

jgsomaha

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to get out of a group text messageer

I have removed myself from the group, but i get numeric notifications when any of the group communicate with each other.
So my motoX thinks I have messages when in fact I do not. To get rid of them I send everyone on the list a random text message with a comma , in it. Then I can read the message and see what is going on....and delete the notification. I don't like having everyone in this committee pinging
on my phone.

Roger Penn

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It may not be possible to turn off or block the incoming texts, but it certainly should be possible to turn off notifications on a per-thread basis. If I could open the original text, select turn off notifications for this thread, and voilá, no more annoying notification barrage while still getting notifications of other texts, that would solve the problem.

Asap 67

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
You have to respond Stop, then you will get another message prompting you to respond Stop one more time and it will remove you from the group.

Frank Farwell

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking all over the internet for a way to get out of a group text message on my Razr Maxx. Apparently, a lot of people like it, as I've found many posts about having that feature, however, I want NOTHING to do with it. Someone sends me a text message along with multiple other people from their address book, asking a question. I then receive every single response to the originator from every person that responds. The message type says 'Group Conversation.' I don't have unlimited texts, because I don't use that many in a months time (I prefer Google Talk), so I don't want to receive all of these texts from random people that I don't know. I've tried to change the settings in the message and even tried deleting the message to see if that works. It doesn't. I tried calling Verizon, but they don't know anything. There HAS to be a way to get this taken care of. I find it hard to believe that I HAVE to receive (and pay for) messages from people I don't know (who aren't even talking to me) with no other choice. Please tell me there is a solution and what it is! Thank you.

How do I block MMS messaging

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrappi

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I found the best solution, but only if you have a Samsung S7 Edge. I don't know if the other models have it. You can actually turn off notifications for that particular group text and still receive regular text notifications, just not from the group text. Go into the actual group text, hit the drop down arrow that shows everyone in the group, and you will see notifications.. turn it off. :D:D:D:D:D:D

sheiladiva

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
In the message box click on the 3dots in the top right hand,go down to settings click on Multimedia message stroll down to MMS group message and turn off.I have not received any more group message's after this.

I have a Android phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun2luv1

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
You CAN leave a group message on an Android phone! When looking at the message click the little arrow/drop down box that has all the people's names/phone numbers. You will see the " turn off notifications button", but that is not it! Keep looking down past the "recipient" section of names, and all the way at the bottom (probably right above your phones main home push button thing) it actually says LEAVE CONVERSATION! It is hard to notice it,but it is there on the bottom .You're welcome. Lol.

NJASKI7

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
if you are using outlook, there's an Ignore button in the toolbar that will automatically delete all future responses to that thread. similarly in GMAIL, under the more folder, there's a MUTE button that will do the same. not sure about other email clients, but i just found this feature today and is going to be used regularly.

Cobraa783

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
You CAN leave a group message on an Android phone! When looking at the message click the little arrow/drop down box that has all the people's names/phone numbers. Yes, you can click thd turn off notifications button, but if you keep looking all the way at the bottom of that screen it actually says LEAVE CONVERSATION! It is hard to notice it,but it is there on the bottom .You're welcome. Lol.
It's carrier based this works for Verizon but not att

AirynS

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I have an S7 (not edge) with Verizon and I use the Message+ messaging app. I have not been able to use any of these suggestions to remove myself from a group text. I suggest selecting the three dots in the top right corner and muting the conversation. Any new messages that come through will be shown in the conversation, but you will not get a notification. It looks as though all of your texts are read. Not an ideal solution, but at least my phone doesn't go off 20 times while I'm at work and I'm not inundated with unread messages :) Hope that's helpful!!!

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I was included in a 19 person conversation and did not want to see everyone's reply btw if you should send one of these and you bcc everyone then no one see's anyone's reply top right where some of the phone numbers are listed there is an arrow pointing right (looking at the phone) i touched the arrow and at the bottom of my screen the option was there to leave conversation. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 Note.

Nemaessi

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
Late to this party... ish

So turned off group texting, but apparently now I get indivual texts from a group so now I get individual texts instead of a lump thing.

Im using samsung 7s edge for now I may upgrade soon

TutorPros1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I've either lost my mind, or I'm about to...
Even someone with limited intelligence, such as myself, find it hard to imagine that one can't extract himself from a group text.
I can't find any little three dots or arrows or drop down menus or anything.
Half of the group are friends whom I do not wish to block for one-on-one texts.
I have a Mega with ATT.
If there's new info., please let me know.

TR Vevia

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
S7 Verizon Messenger folks -- How to get out of a group text message

This is tedious -- but it WILL get you out of both the annoying group message AND make those "unrecognized" numbers unable to contact you.

First -- yes, turn off notifications from the group text.
Then -- select the small "information" icon in the upper right area to get a list of the phone numbers.
Next -- one by one, call each number.
Last -- go to your phone and -- one by one -- manually block each number.

dsferraro

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Verizon Messenger folks -- How to get out of a group text message

This is what i did...but i yelled at the ***** on the other end for keeping responding...then blocked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2