6.16.215 ics update leak

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, it all went smooth as silk. Been a few hrs only but does seem smoother/snappier. Will have to see about battery life...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PhastEddie

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that you don't have to be rooted to go from 211 to 215 and to go back to 211 you need Matt's utility. But don't you have to be rooted to use that utility and revert back to 211?

Thanks, Eddie

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I see that you don't have to be rooted to go from 211 to 215 and to go back to 211 you need Matt's utility. But don't you have to be rooted to use that utility and revert back to 211?

Thanks, Eddie

I also would like to know this.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, Eddie

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you have to be rooted to go back to stock 211.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
No, you don't have to be rooted. I'm not rooted and just went back to 211 this evening using the utility. I didn't see any noticeable improvement with 215, thus the reason I went back.

Reactions: PhastEddie

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
No, you don't have to be rooted. I'm not rooted and just went back to 211 this evening using the utility. I didn't see any noticeable improvement with 215, thus the reason I went back.

How long would you say it took to revert back? Also was it complicated?

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
How long would you say it took to revert back? Also was it complicated?

It took about 15- 20 minutes, give or take. Wasn't hard at all...the utility walks you through it...same steps as the first post in this thread. I've never rooted a phone and this was the first time I have attempted something like this, but it was a piece of cake. Just read through the instructions beforehand and you won't have any problems. It looks like a lot of steps, but that stuff goes really quick. The bulk of the time is spent waiting and staring at your screen as the utility is copying/writing things to the phone.

Edited to add- when you revert back it gives a choice at the end to either wipe data or exit the app. I exited the app and all my apps, data, and settings were exactly as I left them. Pretty slick.

Last edited:

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It took about 15- 20 minutes, give or take. Wasn't hard at all...the utility walks you through it...same steps as the first post in this thread. I've never rooted a phone and this was the first time I have attempted something like this, but it was a piece of cake. Just read through the instructions beforehand and you won't have any problems. It looks like a lot of steps, but that stuff goes really quick. The bulk of the time is spent waiting and staring at your screen as the utility is copying/writing things to the phone.

Thanks. Right now I'm happy with .215, but I'll definitely be going to back to .211 when the next OTA comes out.

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble reverting. I boot using the AP fastboot, hit the key to continue, and nothing happens. The screen just stays on saying ok to program. Is that what I am supposed to see? Do I just have to wait longer? Waited like 5 minutes and it looked like nothing was happening. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am not seeing a big change in 215. Would like to revert and await the OTA if it ever comes.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble reverting. I boot using the AP fastboot, hit the key to continue, and nothing happens. The screen just stays on saying ok to program. Is that what I am supposed to see? Do I just have to wait longer? Waited like 5 minutes and it looked like nothing was happening. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am not seeing a big change in 215. Would like to revert and await the OTA if it ever comes.

USB connected. OK to program, yes that's what your supposed to see. Did yo u select option 1. Did u put your phone into USB debugging mode. The utility should start running through commands.

Droid RAZR

Reactions: Stone Cold RN

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
USB connected. OK to program, yes that's what your supposed to see. Did yo u select option 1. Did u put your phone into USB debugging mode. The utility should start running through commands.

Droid RAZR

The debugging part was my problem. Once I did that and ran the batch file it was smooth sailing. Thank you very much. I was getting nervous I was going to be stuck if an official update comes.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Been using it for a little while now. I went on 3 days or so then did a factory reset to see performance difference.

Battery Life-Better then .211 for me. I get roughly 14 hours out of it when heavy usage and screen on time of about 4 hours. Yesterday I was at work where LTE is spotty (when I was on GB) and I got 4 hours out of slacker only using 30% battery life. I would say GB was better but slightly

Performance-Stable and so far so good. Still snappy after a week of using it. I would say no difference on .211 and .214. Also I should mention that I did factory reset when I initially went to .211 from GB and notice performance lag but after a reset, it was WAY better.

Radio Signal-Pretty good. Better then on GB. Switches from 3G to LTE quickly and holds up. I also do not pay attention to the bars since I know with ICS, it changes how the bars are displayed. I go by how it switches LTE and how stable of a connection it is.

My only issue I have with ICS is flash video on the device, it doesn't load up. Neither Dolophin, Chrome or stock browser does not load up. Firefox on the other hand loads up here and there.

jmdivi72

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Im new to android. I have a droid razr maxx and got the ics update. Ever since update my phone goes from 100 to 90 percent in 1 to 30 minutes. Other than that i think the battery is ok? Just wondering if i should just wait for the next ota. Im at 70 percent now after 7 hrs of very light use, no wifi on

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
442a696f-a5de-d54f.jpg

442a696f-a5e8-d5de.jpg

442a696f-a5f4-4a72.jpg

Definitely see an improvement in battery live after 4 charging cycles on 215. This is with heavy use and 4 hours of screen on time. If i only used my phone a quarter of what I do now I would get 4 days out of this. But unfortunately I am an extremely heavy user and am always on my phone even if I don't have an thing to look at. But hey 16+ hours sounds good to me. My Nexus would have been dead 10 hours ago. :cool:
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
can this build be rooted? can't seem to find the answer. thanks for any help in advance.

Should be able to root using matts utility 1.7 or is it 1.6, I can't remember anymore. His utility can root 4.0.3 and 4.0.4. I know its not on 1.8 or 1.81.

Droid RAZR

Last edited: