** MUST BE INSTALLED FROM .211 ** ** THESE ARE THE METHODS I'VE USED AND ARE SUCCESSFUL FOR ME. THERE ARE OTHER METHODS, BUT I WILL ONLY SHOW WHAT I'M CONFIDENT IN. **
Before attempting this, please make sure you have enough battery. 80%+ would be ideal. You don't want your phone to die during this process, especially if something goes wrong!
- All credit to droidian1441 for the find. Thank you very much
mattlgroff's Droid Razr Utility 1.81:
- Thank you to mattlgroff for all his hard work for the Razr community!
Hey everyone, looks like another leak has surfaced. The version number for this leak is 6.16.215, not to be confused with the downgrade leak for the .214 update. I will write up step-by-step install instructions, how to revert back to .211 if need be, and how to root.
1) Download update from above link.
2) Place the update onto your external SD card. (root directory, not into any folders)
3) Power down your phone
4) While phone is off, hold down both volume keys (up+down) and the power key.
5) Use the Volume Down key to select "Recovery" and then use the Volume Up key to select it.
6) When you see the Android being operated on, press both volume keys (up+down)
7) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Apply Update from External Storage" and press the Power Key to select it.
8) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip " and press the Power Key to select it. This step begins installation.
Installation can take up to five minutes or more.
Going into Settings > About Phone should show that System Version is now 6.16.215.XT912 and Kernel Version should say Wed Jul 11.
Some noted changes are the addition of the Chrome browser and an updated lte.img (oh boy!).
Getting back to .211:
This is a fairly simple process, but not as simple as getting back to .211 from .214.
If you are new to this, please fully read all the directions before starting this process. Remember, check how much battery you have.
1) Download Matt's Droid Razr Utility 1.81 from the link above.
2) Extract the files from the .zip (Creates DroidRazrUtility1.81 folder)
3) Go into the DroidRazrUtility folder and start the DroidRazrUtility batch file
4) At the Batman logo, press any key to continue.
5) At the next menu, select option "1" (Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software)) by typing 1 and pressing enter.
** DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING AT THE NEXT SCREEN UNTIL STEP 10**
6) Attach your phone to your PC with a USB cable.
7) Power down your phone
8) While phone is off, hold down both volume keys (up+down) and the power key.
9) Use the Volume Down key to select "AP Fastboot" and then use the Volume Up key to select it.
10) On the DroidRazrUtility, press any key to continue.
11) Keep an eye on your phone, it will turn off and on again.
12) Follow the on screen instructions and press any key why your phone's display turns on.
13) Repeat Steps 11-12 one more time
** .211 install should take around 5-10 minutes **
14) When the screen asks if you want to wipe data, hit any key to continue OR exit the program to KEEP DATA.
15) Tap the power key to bring you out of AP Fastboot, then it should power down.
16) Turn on your phone to see a screen of an Android with his chest open. Wait.
Your phone should start by optimizing your apps and you should have retained all your data in the process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please refer back to the original threads at the top of this post. If your answer is not found there, come back here and I will do my best to help.
If I missed anything, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!
Enjoy! Hopefully this process wasn't too difficult!
If you enjoyed this leak, please join up on DroidRzr forums and thank those who are responsible for bringing us these updates. None of this is possible without them!
Cool, gonna try this too. Also found an updated Droid RAZR Utlilty 1.8 when I went to DL this ICS update. Thanks MATTLGROFF! Anyways, the .215 update is about 42 MB, where as the .214 was only about 7 MB. Hopin there is some cool schnit in there!
Alright, I know some of you do not have an account with Droidrzr.com (Something you should do while your upgrading/downgrading the install) and get all the info there.
But here is my dropbox
There are the files for Downgrading from .214 to .211 and upgrading from .211 to .215. These are just files I downloaded from droidrzr.com. That is it. All these are thanks to droidian1441 over at droidrzr.com
To downgrade from .214 to .211 here is what I did
-Unroot with OTA rootkeeper
-Downloaded the file to downgrade
-Put the file on the root of my SD card
-Boot into android recovery and install from SD card
-Choose the file
-Let it downgrade (took about 5 minutes)
-Reboot and restored root
Now I'm back to .211
This is useful for those who are running Linux or Apple or cant install Matt's Utility.