How often do you reboot?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Once a week at the most. I rarely feel that its necessary unless for some reason my phone feels sluggish. That rarely happens though and sometimes I don't reset for more than a week.
I remember the days when I had a Blackberry and I had to reset it daily.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Should I be rebooting my phone? I have had mine for 2 weeks now, and I haven't done one. Plus, how do you do one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a problem of receiving multiple copies of texts. I would reboot (shut down/restart) and it would stop. This may have been unrelated and a coincidence, but I didn't seem to get them for a few days after a reboot. Got in the habit of doing this as part of the morning routine.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I reboot mine if I install or upgrade apps, or...maybe just every day or two if the mood hits me or I feel like Maxx needs it.
Interesting thread;
Coming from my X that would kindly reboot itself whenever it felt the need...regardless if I was using it or not. Independent little cuss it was.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Since ICS? Too often! When it feels slow or things kind of lock up I go into the running apps and see that things are running that I haven't used for days or weeks and the RAM is above 750 leaving me with less than 100. A reset brings it back down to the 500-600 range and the phone runs smooter at that point. No wonder the old Droid Charge I once owned would shut down on its own all the time, it only had 512 RAM. This has 1G and tends to use all of it after awhile. Why did they take my Auto End options away? I didn't have to restart my phone but maybe once a month on GB. How often do iphone users have to restart theirs to make them work right? Just curious because when I bought the Maxx I finally felt I had a piece of hardware that could legitimately give the iphone a run on pure reliability and usability alone but ICS seems to have dumped all over that that. Look at the picture. I haven't used Tune In or Pandora in 2 days so why does it need to be running? Why cant i Auto end them like i could before on GB. So frustrating! Going to reboot after this post just to clear it up some and pissed that I even have to.
a6f9c7f2-4cd5-0049.jpg

Last edited:

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Once a week. Sometimes Swiftkey goes nuts and I can't delete characters. It just repeats the same letters each time I tap the delete key. A restart fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21