Mobile data reached

Kungpaoruvvin

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get a window that said mobile data capacity reached? It said I could reenable the data but incur charges? I have unlimited data though. This is on Verizon and my Droid RAZ Maxx. I was stuck with the 3g antenna too, although nothing came through or went out, as far as data. Every time i tried, it said no connection. All i could do was send texts and voice calls. I eventually factory resetted my phone and the issue is gone.just wondering if anyone else had this issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

CaliberSRT4

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How much data have you used. I have unlimited and I always use around 10gigs. Never have I gotten that

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten that message as a text a number of times for one of my lines. However that line was grandfathered in on Verizons unlimited plan, so there is actually no cap. I used to call them and the tech would say yup, that's wrong. You're OK. But I'd get the message again the next month. Eventually I ignored it.

I am pretty sure it's Facebook. The line is held by a teen girl, who basically lives on FB. The app is ALWAYS running, getting updates and crap. I hate that app. I do use FB, but I hit the web for it so that when I'm off it, it's damn well off and not leeching off my data.

On the other hand, I also have unlimited 4G on my Maxx, and have never seen any cap issues with it.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would say that somewhere, the data limit in ICS got set.

Go into settings: data usage: Just below the mobile data button, there is a box for set mobile data limit. Make sure this is unchecked. If it is checked, in the graph below, it will have two lines, showing you where you get a notice, and where it is cut off.

I hope this is the case, and not something else

texasdmh

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this problem too. I keep getting a box that pops up saying I've reached my limit and it gives the options "OK" and "re-enable data." When I select turning the data back on, it doesn't actually turn it on.

I have unlimited on Verizon and I don't remember setting any limit on the phone - and can't see how to change whatever limit is set. Oh, and it started sending the warning and turning off my data once i reached 5g.

Factory reset my only option?

Last edited:

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had it a few times also. Happened to me at work yesterday. I go into data usage and find the 'Set mobile data limit' is ON and I did not set it that way. It's happen 2 or 3 times now.

Now in my case one thing that could be happening is a problem related to my smart actions. I've been using the Battery Saver mode on smart actions to shut down Mobile Data, Back Ground Sync, Wi-fi and GPS when the screen is OFF and NOT charging. Worked great on GB. When I'm at work and not on the device much, I could go 6 hrs and have 95% of my battery. Loved it. I suspect that during the reactivation process ICS is just getting confused and is activating the Data Limit on it's own. It's random though because it doesn't happen every time. GB didn't have this Data Limit feature so it was never an issue before obviously. Go figure. Just another one of those wonderful ICS upgrages you guys like so much.

Last edited:

c43turbo

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
As another member already alluded to it does appear to be the "smart action" feature on the phone. I have received the same "data limits reached" statement on my phone since I have enabled the Nighttime Battery Saver function on the phone. Once I disabled this feature I have yet to receive the data limit reached statement. I have never received this during times that I was under 5Gb for the month. I have had well over that limit now that I have subscribed to DirecTV Sunday Ticket. This past weekend I hooked up my phone to my TV via HDMI and streamed games from 1000PST through 1700PST. During that time I noticed that it was around 6Gb of data during that time (estimate using Data Usage in settings). So Monday is when I started received these data limits reached pop ups. I called Verizon and they assured me that I had an unlimited data plan and told me to either remove the smart action, or re-boot the phone in the morning. So far, so good with either option.

Another option you can do is go into System Settings/Data usage: Click on Set mobile data limit and scroll the "warning" to something really high (I have mine set to 100Gb) and then set the "limit" to something even higher (I have mine set to 1000Gb). This should keep the mobile data working even if ICS automatically turns on the "Set mobile data limit"

Scott

Verizon Razr Maxx running ICS 4.0.4

Sreyneang

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I never thought that you guys have the same problem as mine. I just use LG 3Gstylus, well, it is about Android user. First, I set the limit data usage since my mobile internet is limited. Later, after my phone is reached it, I cannot use mobile data usage anymore. Anyway, what I have to do is just click reconnect once it pops up on screen and set the high limit 1000gb. However, I don't know when my phone reaches that limit, the higher limit of 1000gb can be more increased or not. If you guys have another solution, just advise me more. Thanks in advance!

lucky star51

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else get a window that said mobile data capacity reached? It said I could reenable the data but incur charges? I have unlimited data though. This is on Verizon and my Droid RAZ Maxx. I was stuck with the 3g antenna too, although nothing came through or went out, as far as data. Every time i tried, it said no connection. All i could do was send texts and voice calls. I eventually factory resetted my phone and the issue is gone.just wondering if anyone else had this issue

lucky star51

May 23, 2016
Visit site
My data limit have reached its limit I got it paid yesterday 4th day my data isn't working but my phone WiFi is but only at my grandma house how I'm typing this is I'm using my grandma WiFi network but I need data to go on a WiFi network at home I'm gonna die without internet not really die but being away from the internet is frustrating with nothing to do give me some steps and tips on how to get it back

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7