Long press home screen for widget

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello...if this question has been asked and answered, I apologize. I downloaded a widget today from google play. When pressing home screen, it does not give an option for widget. A screen comes up with other options. Did a factory reset, two weeks ago. Thanks....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have ICS now? With ICS, you have to go to the Apps screen, swipe over until you get to Widgets (or just touch Widgets at the top of the screen), and look there. Then long press the widget and drag/drop to the homescreen.

If you still don't see the widget, there is a known problem where widgets don't always show up immediately after downloading and installing. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes, sometimes you have to reboot.

Scott Muir1

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this posting. I have been struggling with the finding the widget issue for over a week and suddenly had the idea to search on "no widgets on long press" and found this. It solved a problem I was having and the widget maker's tech support could not assist me with.

dke358

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
that's a solution but what if you've lost your app launcher in the docking area. Somehow it disappeared recently, which is another issue, so I can't ever get to my list of apps to drag and drop to a page.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You need to resolve the launcher issue first. A reset might be what you need. Are you running the stock launcher or 3rd party launcher. If stock, you need to rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you have a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex, you WILL have the option to add widgets via the long-press back again. Though I believe it's buggy in ICS, it works great in JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech