Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tybo85
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No 4g need help

After ICS I downloaded the new LTE on/off link and I think I may have accidentally hit something. My phone will not go to LTE when I select any of the LTE network options. It works perfectly fine on 3g, but when I am trying to stream a video I would prefer to be able to use 4G. Please help me
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    HTC Thunderbolt- for sale
    Motorola Droid 2- Retired
    Blackberry Storm 2- Retired
    Blackberry Storm- Retired

A link or an app? I use thunderbolt 3g 4g toggle app from google play. It works good for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: No 4g need help

are you rooted?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not rooted. The Thunderbolt one didn't work after ICS. The new one has an icon that is a gray circle with a red lightning bolt with LTE OnOff written under it.
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

email the dev. tell him whats up. see what he says. if no hope then come back here and i might MAYBE might be able to help MAYBE.

Quote Originally Posted by carguysc View Post
    After ICS I downloaded the new LTE on/off link and I think I may have accidentally hit something. My phone will not go to LTE when I select any of the LTE network options. It works perfectly fine on 3g, but when I am trying to stream a video I would prefer to be able to use 4G. Please help me
    It's possible that you lte micro sim card is bad. Try popping it in and out with the phone powered off and if your problem persists call and get a new sim. Also call Vzw to check and see if there is an lte outage in your area because it has happened quite frequently in the last 6 months. I'd also uninstall the lte toggle and then do a power cycle. I use a 4g toggle that is just a shortcut to the data menu and it gives me quick access to enable or disable data if I'm on wi-fi or get to the network options.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

Quote Originally Posted by dj hidroid View Post
    It's possible that you lte micro sim card is bad. Try popping it in and out with the phone powered off and if your problem persists call and get a new sim. Also call Vzw to check and see if there is an lte outage in your area because it has happened quite frequently in the last 6 months. I'd also uninstall the lte toggle and then do a power cycle. I use a 4g toggle that is just a shortcut to the data menu and it gives me quick access to enable or disable data if I'm on wi-fi or get to the network options.
    Try doing a hard reboot of your phone. (hold power button and volume down button at same time.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Could be a SIM card like said before. Did you happen to check what band was selected on the phone itself? Menu> system settings> more> mobile networks. One time mine got stuck in "CDMA only" even after using a app to toggle it. I actually had to go into the mobile networks area and change it manually.

You should be selecting CDMA/LTE/EvDo in the app's settings. Hard reset should fix this as also stated before.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

nothing worked. I ended up doing a full data wipe and that cured it.
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

I had the same problem, I actually was able to fix it by going into the phone settings and selecting LTE/CDMA in the networks part. It would swith to CDMA only in the switch perfect but wouldnt turn the LTE back on from within the switch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    ikey78 
    ikey78 likes this.