01-29-2013 01:51 PM
- Just added K9 to my Droid Razr Maxx. Looking to set it up for INDIVIDUAL notifications of email....I DON'T use Gmail...I use Yahoo.....
Can anyone help me set this up/???? Please!!!
I go around in circles and get nowhere.....like a dog chasing it's tail!
If this isn't the right app to use...I also have Light Flow lite...and am clueless again to setting it up....
ANY help would be appreciated!07-17-2012 06:30 AM
- Pretty simple set up, just enter your account name and password, it should automatically configure your server info from that. Just be sure to go into settings and set account to poll for mail, i have mine set to poll every 15 minutes, default is never to poll requiring you to manually poll for mail.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 207-17-2012 07:35 AM
- Just a little clarification to see if I can help you. When you say INDIVIDUAL, do you mean that every single time an email comes in, or just the first time an email comes in.
Have you already set up the Yahoo account, and is it working properly?
If yes, then click on the bottom left key to bring up the options. Select settings. Select ACCOUNT settings. Within that, towards the bottom, there is a choice for Notifications. If you select this, you can choose how you receive them, what tone you have, etc.
Is this what you are looking for?07-17-2012 07:35 AM
- The Motorola Droid Razr upgrade to 4.0 wreaked having to many. Heres now I fixed my Mediacom (mchsi.com) account on the phone. I removed my existing email account before installing K-9. It will be re-installed with K-9.
Download and install the K-9 app. Then locate it and tap.
Tap the menu at the lower left corner of the phone and select "More"
Select "Settings" then "Account Settings." This will display a list of changes you can make to the presentation of your email, and some important technical stuff that makes it work.
Select "Fetching mail." This is the POP server from which you will download your mail. Here are the settings I used for Mediacom (mchsi) mail.
Select "Folder poll frequency"
Choose how often you want your mail checked (default is "never"/manual)
Select "Incoming server"
Username: whatever you're using
POP Server: mail.mediacombb.net
Security Type: None
Authentication Type: PLAIN
Use the "back" button to return to "Account Settings" and select "Sending mail." This is the SMTP server through which you'll send your mail.
Select "Outgoing server."
SMTP Server: mail.mediacombb.net
Security Type: SSL (always)
Require sign-in: yes (check)
Test the new configuration by sending yourself a message.
Tap K-9 to open, then tap the menu, then tap "Compose" and scribble something.
When through, tap menu then "send"
Tap menu again then select "Check mail."
All should be well. Now go back to the settings menu to fine-tune your preferences,
Remember, this worked for me with Mediacom (mchsi) mail. Check with your provider for your settings. And your "E-Mail" icon should no longer be used. Instead, use the K-9 Mail icon to access your email.
Cheers and good luck--Terry08-29-2012 03:23 PM
- Hey guys, I download k9 a ways back and felt it was the perfect client. I then had issues with hotmail and was force to remove it., Now turns out it was an error with android as all email clients have the same issue .So I'm back to k9 but it no longer allows for me to choose my own ring tones. It's forcing me to use the default built in crap. It before allowed me to browns for them. I guess my first question is, does the feature only exist on one version or the non free version? I dont know how to pay for apps so I'm not sure if I did that before by accident. Does one click bill the provider with no obvious indication of doing so? it shows no updates needed at the moment.01-29-2013 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD