Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jmonroe0914
  • 1 Post By gbreeze
  • 1 Post By apquijano
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I have successfully gone back to GB after having ICS

That's right, I have successfully went back to GB after everyone has said its impossible. Now, I will say this, and maybe this is why but I never took the official version of ICS. I took the leak that came out in April and put it on my phone (obviously I was rooted). When I 1st got ICS sandwhich I was like .

The main reason was it is over rated, it drained my batt life, misc issues here and there and no support for flash. Many of the sites I go to have flash and hardly any have converted to HTML5. I understand that the radio info is different for ICS than gingerbread, but me being the G that I am I said eff it, i'm gonna try it anyway. I was able to do this by using RSD Lite and using the original factory files VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml

So im thinking yea its flashed but the radio for internet or calls wont work. Tested both and now I'm like

Thanked by 2:

Default Re: I have successfully gone back to GB after having ICS

Can you walk me through rooting and going through this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mstraw9379 View Post
    Can you walk me through rooting and going through this?
    ***WARNING I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WILL WORK WITH NON-ROOTED PHONES, ALSO THIS IS A METHOD ONLY FOR CDMA RAZR OR RAZR MAXX, use this is at your own risk and you could fry your phone and it will void warranty, I didn't care at this point thats how bad I hated ICS. This method requires a Windows PC.You will need to have ADB properly set up on your computer. If you have not set up Android SDK please go here RSD Lite version 5.6 or greater is required. Make sure you have a decent charge on your battery. I personally would not attempt this with less than 50% battery but I recommend having a fully charged battery just to be safe.***

1st thing 1st. Backup any important data that you and then proceed with a Factory data reset on your phone. Once that's done you are going to need a few files. Here are the steps as follows:

1- Motorola Drivers

This is a must have software you have to install on pc or laptop, it's impossible for pc to detect your phone without this software, so do it

2- RSD lite

This is official software from Motorola to flash Fastboot files to the device, so you have to install the software on your pc or laptop,

After flashing a costum rom, you can revert to stock with this software, also when you are in a

bootloop you can go back to stock Rom with this software:

- download fastboot file you need from here , choose 1st file

- extract it in a folder, you have a XML file here

- run RSD lite

- browse XML file to the empty box

- connect the phone to the pc via usb cable in AP Fastboot mode

- click start button on RSD & be patient to flash the files

***To get your device in fastboot mode you must hold down the volume up and down key and power button at the same time for 10 seconds. Once the phone turns off, leave your fingers on the volume keys and take your other finger off the power button. That should pull up the fastboot mode option.
    Last edited by gbreeze; 07-17-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No Sh$t... Nice job.
    Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I have to admit I enjoyed the picture story.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

This is a miracle. I still hate ICS. I tried to get used to it, but it has only taken away my ability to use my phone like I loved using it before. Gonna try this and report back.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tonofmort View Post
    This is a miracle. I still hate ICS. I tried to get used to it, but it has only taken away my ability to use my phone like I loved using it before. Gonna try this and report back.
    Not sure if this will work for you. If your current is .211 via OTA I think your out of luck. Please let us know tho, thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ArcticHD

I'm with Anthony2558, if you were using one of the first couple of ICS leaks then you could get back to GB, but after about the 3rd or 4th leak you could not do it anymore and would brick your phone trying.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

You can not go back to GB from ICS if your are on an ICS beta version .8x or later... which has been repeatedly posted in every forum that applies to Razrs/Maxxs or ICS.

Anything before beta .8x. yes, you can go back to GB. Why you would want too? No Clue.

As of this past week, the actual RSD file was released for .211, and the Fast Boot was released back in June... so you have a way to flash back to stock.

As far as anyone saying they prefer GB over ICS.... they've obviously not used the public release of ICS. Everyone should bare this in mind... if you install an OS beta leak on your phone, and then write off or dismiss the OS upgrade because it doesn't function as well as the previous OS, then you're an *****... hands down. A beta leak is a beta leak for a reason... Moto is still fine tuning it for public release, which is something you have to know when you install a beta leak. Beta leaks have bugs... tons of them. So basing an opinion about an OS before actually using the finalized OS is about as ignorant as you could get. This is why Moto doesn't make beta versions available to the public, because there's ignorant people out there that think "oh, this is crap and not as good as what I just had"... it's only a beta, not a finalized version. This is why 99% of users have no business flashing a beta OS version.

People are smarter than this... quit doing yourselves an injustice and educate yourselves.

(For those that say they dislike ICS because its not the same as GB... First and foremost, this is an OS 2 versions ahead of GB (like going from Windows XP to Windows 7), so no, it's not going to be the exact same. You will have to relearn a few things, this is common sense people. If you dislike it for this reason alone, then quit complaining and educate yourself. Why is it that damn near everyone nowadays b*tches and moans about picking up a book and reading to learn something. You have a brain in between your ears... use it. Educate yourself. There's nothing greater in this world than knowledge.)
    Last edited by jmonroe0914; 07-18-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Thanked by:
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmonroe0914 View Post
    You can not go back to GB from ICS if your are on an ICS beta version .8x or later... which has been repeatedly posted in every forum that applies to Razrs/Maxxs or ICS.

Anything before beta .8x. yes, you can go back to GB. Why you would want too? No Clue.

As of this past week, the actual RSD file was released for .211, and the Fast Boot was released back in June... so you have a way to flash back to stock.

As far as anyone saying they prefer GB over ICS.... they've obviously not used the public release of ICS. Everyone should bare this in mind... if you install an OS beta leak on your phone, and then write off or dismiss the OS upgrade because it doesn't function as well as the previous OS, then you're an *****... hands down. A beta leak is a beta leak for a reason... Moto is still fine tuning it for public release, which is something you have to know when you install a beta leak. Beta leaks have bugs... tons of them. So basing an opinion about an OS before actually using the finalized OS is about as ignorant as you could get. This is why Moto doesn't make beta versions available to the public, because there's ignorant people out there that think "oh, this is crap and not as good as what I just had"... it's only a beta, not a finalized version. This is why 99% of users have no business flashing a beta OS version.

People are smarter than this... quit doing yourselves an injustice and educate yourselves.

(For those that say they dislike ICS because its not the same as GB... First and foremost, this is an OS 2 versions ahead of GB (like going from Windows XP to Windows 7), so no, it's not going to be the exact same. You will have to relearn a few things, this is common sense people. If you dislike it for this reason alone, then quit complaining and educate yourself. Why is it that damn near everyone nowadays b*tches and moans about picking up a book and reading to learn something. You have a brain in between your ears... use it. Educate yourself. There's nothing greater in this world than knowledge.)
    Agree with everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jmonroe0914 View Post

Wow, u can swallow a knife dude. The reason I decided to go back to GB is because of the reasons listed. Yes, it was beta but several of my friends have the razr with the official ICS and im not impressed. I am not officially updating to it until they have all bugs fixed, which is why I decided to go back GB. Myself as well as others want to go back, sorry im not a HUGE nerd like yourself, I will try to be perfect like you someday.....
    Thanked by 3:
    tonofmort likes this.

I wish I could be a huge nerd. Play with the wording and one could call you a genius. I've seen a lot of people use the term "nerd" here in a derogative fashion, but I'd honestly rather be a huge nerd than a complete *** hat.

To the OP, however, I hope you enjoy Gingerbread.

TitoRoE likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    I wish I could be a huge nerd. Play with the wording and one could call you a genius. I've seen a lot of people use the term "nerd" here in a derogative fashion, but I'd honestly rather be a huge nerd than a complete *** hat.

To the OP, however, I hope you enjoy Gingerbread.

phuck off

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by gbreeze View Post
    Wow, u can swallow a knife dude. The reason I decided to go back to GB is because of the reasons listed. Yes, it was beta but several of my friends have the razr with the official ICS and im not impressed. I am not officially updating to it until they have all bugs fixed, which is why I decided to go back GB. Myself as well as others want to go back, sorry im not a HUGE nerd like yourself, I will try to be perfect like you someday.....
    Agreed. Not liking the official ICS doesn't just mean you don't want to learn a new way to do things. I don't like it because my battery life took a small hit (this phone's super power) and embedded flash videos don't work as well if at all. I didn't gain enough out of the new software functions to offset these two problems, so I still prefer Gingerbread. And yeah, this thread got me excited when I saw the title, but I realize now that there is no way to revert from .211.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gbreeze View Post
    phuck off
    No, I seriously hope you enjoy it. If you feel that GB is the best option for you then that's great. The nerds that developed the method, software, and hardware for you to enjoy your phone daily do it, regardless of what you think of them. You can cuss at me and make fun of others all you like.

Enjoy.

If you're rooted, you can upgrade/downgrade to/from any version of Android. You're not special.

I have tried this method to go back to stock and wasn't even close to working but then randomly started working. I however had slight differences in execution as I saw fit. My boot loader comes up as 0A.66, so i downloaded the files accordingly. But it still doesnt work, it will get to step 6/18 and then comes up with "Failed Flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"->Phone returned Fail.;phone connected. Is this happeneing because of the version of the file I am using? Or becuase my phone is too far gone? In rsd lite my phone also showed this but only once; s_spyder-user 4.1.1 JRO03R 20120926release-keysSPYDERBP_N_05.11.01P I'm guessing this is from the last rom I unsuccessfully installed and that's what got me here in the first place.

I have a RAZR XT910 (South Africa), I tried to flash a custom ROM -***** choice- and now it's stuck in boot screen. or red "Motorola" logo. how can I fix it??

ROM
    AOKP / Franco Kernel

Lol at this thread. Very entertaining message board drama. Thank you gentlemen.

If my Note 2 and Nexus could have a baby, I would cheat on both and commit phonophelia.

Job well done, OP. I liked Gingerbread on the RAZR much more than Ice Cream Sandwich. I understand where you're coming from.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P