Change is Good

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know this might upset some people, and I apologize it might be offensive to some. But I cannot believe all of the complaints that I am reading on this forum about EVERYTHING with ICS. I don't understand how everyone loved it on the videos that were shown, and now they say it all sucks. I mean I understand that in the videos it worked flawlessly and now we have some bugs, but how can you love the way the lockscreen looked on the demo video, and now you suddenly "hate everything about ICS" ??

If we never progressed and moved forward, where would we be? Why was it okay for Google to release the first Beta version of Android, but now it's a joke that ICS has some bugs? Do people not realize that is a big part of improvement? It's called LEARNING. You can test a OS all you want in a little lab at Googleplex, but until it is out to the masses in real world scenarios, you will miss stuff!

Posting 500 threads asking how to revert to old services is getting insane! Just sell the phone, stop buying new products, and go buy a OG Droid!

I am not saying some should not complain, and i'm sorry some are having so many issues, and in some rare cases I can see the anger and frustration. But for most of the rest, next time prepare yourself for an upgrade and expect that things might be a bit different for good or bad.

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
If you want more of the same with each upgrade, try an iPhone. The android platform has continued to improve with every version. Like someone said in another thread, Microsoft releases the latest and greates version of Windows and there are bugs. No different here with the multitude of android devices and manufacturers, there are bound to be bugs.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I will have to say that I was usually one of the ones who said "what is so special about this upgrade", meaning that I liked the old version, and I liked the new version, but did not really see all of the hype that was built up around going from Froyo to Gingerbread.

I also said the same thing with the upgrade from Honeycomb on my Xoom to ICS.

Well, the upgrade from GB to ICS on the RaxrMAXX was the first time I said, I really like this upgrade, and it is a great improvement over GB.

Now, does it have some flaws. I guess so, although the only one I can find right now is that after I upgrade the Youtube app, I can no longer play it and it force crashes every single time. Simple solution. Just do not install the upgrade to Youtube App. Other than that, I really like this upgrade and agree that there will be flaws in anything new.

I guess for so long, everyone complained that they did not have ICS, that the complaining just carried over to now that I have it, it was not worth how much complaining I was doing.....

Reactions: bradenfontaine

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I complained a ton that it was taking so long, and I still think it did. I am so happy to finally have it. But yeah, everything you said was spot on.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe for me is not meant to be a slam on ICS. It's really more of a testament to just how impressed everyone was with this phone when it first came out on GB. Sure GB was not perfect but the threads I read pre-ICS mostly stated how fantastic the phone was. What do you guys think, 80%, 90% positive comments pre-ICS? And what do you think it is now?

All I'm saying is that the phone has become less stable for me. That's all. I'm wasting more time than I was before trying to get the same battery life or the performance I had before. Like the stock browser, yes for me and maybe not you, when I use Google images in tile/page form, as I'm moving through the pages the bottom of the page lags the rest and eventually sticks there. I watch Netflix frequently but yesterday at lunch, No Sound. Worked after I restarted the phone. Point is, can I restart the app and get it to perform better, sure. Can I restart the phone and clear my RAM so it will run smoother, absolutely. Was I having to do any of this before. No I wasn't. I'm not anti-progress people, I just liked how well the phone worked before and hoping it will once again. Do I want to go back, nope and I haven't asked for that once. I simply want them to fix some of this stuff, in the name of progress of course.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've only used the Maxx with ICS son I don't know how the phone ran on gingerbread but my experience with ICS on the maxx has def been a truly positive one. I've had a few apps force close but it was stuff running in the backround. ICS is a battery drainer on any phone that runs it so it's going to effect battery life a bit. I think the tradeoff is well worth it considering the size of the battery that the maxx has. As far as lag there is little to no more then I had with the Gnex on 4.0.4. and I wouldn't have even considered the maxx if it was still on GB when I made the switch. I hope the patch that is coming next month sorts out the serious issues that some are experiencing but other then that it's great that Moto and Verizon are even providing a patch so soon after this update considering that most users are having a positive experience with Ics on the maxx. I'm using a JB them on the apex launcher and I couldn't be happier.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
................I'm not anti-progress people, I just liked how well the phone worked before and hoping it will once again. Do I want to go back, nope and I haven't asked for that once. I simply want them to fix some of this stuff, in the name of progress of course.

You are defiinitely not in the class of people I was referencing. I found your post to be very productive and straightforward. I appreciate how you were logical and understand the importance of patience as we endure progress. Not all are that way. And heck, this thing might be just as "stable" or awesome after this next patch. I just am glad to take a few bugs if it means I can enjoy the vast amnt of positives that came with ICS

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I will not regurgitate comments I made in another thread. I am a proponent of progress and cannot imagine anyone not sharing that philosophy.

I also understand people's frustrations and the clear fact that each of us might have different thresholds. Microsoft recently made available a "teaser" for their upcoming Windows 8. After reading the caveats, I installed it. After a few days I found myself uttering words I will not mention herein. Fortunately, my "geek" colleague found a way to restore me to Windows 7.

There will never be a perfect mousetrap appreciated by all. As Danny Aiello said in his hit movie Dinner Rush: "Everybody whines."

At least once in a while.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since the ICS upgrade I've had issues with only 1 app force closing so far, and maybe 2 that were a little more responsive with GB; app download time also seems quicker.
Overall my apps are running a lot smoother on ICS.
Battery life is still good; haven't really noticed much of a difference since the upgrade.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree with everything. Thread is win.

By the time Jelly Bean comes, if at all, to our phones, it'll be the same process all over again. And that is just something everyone has to cope with nowadays. People are starting to expect perfection out of the box, but that's just not the case and it never will be. Hell, look at the Nexus 7 forums.

You gotta go through the tough times to make it to the good times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams