Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    More and more kiosks in area malls seem to offer screen protectors. I plunked down $20 and had one installed on my Maxx. I am wondering if I spent my money frivolously or if they truly have value.

    Opinions on the worth of these screen coverings would be most welcome.

    Thank you.
  2. #2  
    Optid's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    If you enjoy having a nice scratch free screen definitely put a protector on. I am very rough on phones, my phone would be scratched to hell if I didn't have one.
    Join the Verizon 4G LTE SpeedWave @ SpeedTest.net and compare your results! - http://www.speedtest.net/wave/fb2f5d2379263d67
  3. #3  
    Deron Baker's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    ROM
    I don't root.

    Default

    I've used clear screen protectors on all my phones and tablet and they are invaluable to keeping your screen scratch free. You probably don't realize how many times you may accidentally put your keys and phone in the same pocket, and recipe for scratches of your ain't got some kind of screen protection.

    I've used the Zagg invisible shield on my old Rezound as well as my Samsung tablet. Good investments. Just remember to NEVER use your fingernails on the Zagg to clear a dirt particle off, or else it will put visible marks on your Zagg. This doesn't happen, although, on a static cling clear scree protector, as those are slicker.

    Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Depends if you need one. I can't stand the feeling of any protector so I go without one. I put my phone in a pocket pouch for safety but never keep anything in the same pocket.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    I have used Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal] on all my phones and have always been greatly impressed never had one come up or off never scratch even when using a finger nail to get something off also very easy to put on and that's nice being a amputee.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    I use one and think it's necessary. I get them on eBay for much less. Even the no name brands do a good job for $5.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Deron Baker View Post
    I've used clear screen protectors on all my phones and tablet and they are invaluable to keeping your screen scratch free. You probably don't realize how many times you may accidentally put your keys and phone in the same pocket, and recipe for scratches of your ain't got some kind of screen protection.

    I've used the Zagg invisible shield on my old Rezound as well as my Samsung tablet. Good investments. Just remember to NEVER use your fingernails on the Zagg to clear a dirt particle off, or else it will put visible marks on your Zagg. This doesn't happen, although, on a static cling clear scree protector, as those are slicker.

    Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    Excellent point, Deron. This very morning I had my Maxx in the same pocket with my car keys.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    My fiance' DEFINITELY needs them as she throws her phone into the swirling vortex of pain that is her purse. Me? I don't use them. I don't really like them as most make the screen feel like it's coated in rubber. Every phone I've had with Gorilla Glass has never scratched and I've had them in pockets with keys, change, etc. Maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have never seen a scratch.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    My fiance' DEFINITELY needs them as she throws her phone into the swirling vortex of pain that is her purse. Me? I don't use them. I don't really like them as most make the screen feel like it's coated in rubber. Every phone I've had with Gorilla Glass has never scratched and I've had them in pockets with keys, change, etc. Maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have never seen a scratch.
    I agree with you. I sold my Droid X after 2 years with nary a scratch. I expect the same out of my Maxx. I just don't like the feel of screen protectors...and some of them just feel wrong.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

    If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Don't be fooled; Gorilla glass CAN BE SCRATCHED.
    Maxx sustained a lil blemish to his shiney face, so he got a Zagg slapped on him faster than my hair fell out.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

    rootless
    Optid likes this.
  11. #11  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    i use ZAGG on my phones and Kindle and would be scared not to. they are in between $10 and $20 on Amazon, so no i think you did ok. i personally have scratched Gorilla Glass with pocket lint, so i recommend them, others have been more lucky.
  12. #12  
    Optid's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    I got a buddy of mine @ VZW to slip me a otter box commuter screen protector. The built in protector on the defender is crap. Makes your screen look terrible.
    Join the Verizon 4G LTE SpeedWave @ SpeedTest.net and compare your results! - http://www.speedtest.net/wave/fb2f5d2379263d67
  13. #13  
    vlok16's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    I have the Otterbox Defender on mine to protect it from falls, ripped off the included screen protector because it looks like garbage and installed the Zagg Invisible Shield on it... Looks great and is now well protected. I have used Zagg opn many devices and you can't go wrong with them.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Previous phone was a BB Storm 2. Had a privacy screen protector on it for a while but hated the feel and the change to the display. After 2+ years I never had a scratch on my screen. I don't use them - maybe I've been lucky. And $20 is robbery for a 10 cent item.
    dj hidroid likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    Don't be fooled; Gorilla glass CAN BE SCRATCHED.
    Maxx sustained a lil blemish to his shiney face, so he got a Zagg slapped on him faster than my hair fell out.
    I know they can be scratched. I guess I'm just conscious enough of my phone to keep it safe (whether in my pocket or wherever I may be). Or maybe I'm just lucky...either way, I don't like SPs so I'm glad I don't "need" them.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

    If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Depends if you need one. I can't stand the feeling of any protector so I go without one. I put my phone in a pocket pouch for safety but never keep anything in the same pocket.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Same here I used to use them but even the Zagg ones get dirty. I haven't had a protector on any of my phones since last year and I've yet to get a scratch on any of my phones even the Gnex which doesn't have Gorilla glass was fine. I reserve my front right pocket for my phone and nothing else. lol On the other hand if you need one just make sure it isn't a cheap one or it will blur out the display.
    Hello Galaxy
  17. #17  
    Sambo41's Avatar

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    You can't go wrong with the Zagg Invisible shield. I've used different screen protectors over the years and they all got scratches in them over time and had to be replaced.

    The only time I've had to replace an invisble shield was because I replaced a phone under warranty and Zagg sent me one free!
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj hidroid View Post
    Same here I used to use them but even the Zagg ones get dirty. I haven't had a protector on any of my phones since last year and I've yet to get a scratch on any of my phones even the Gnex which doesn't have Gorilla glass was fine. I reserve my front right pocket for my phone and nothing else. lol On the other hand if you need one just make sure it isn't a cheap one or it will blur out the display.
    I have never put my phone in my pocket with anything. I still use a pocket pouch that forms to the phone but I probably don't need to. I'm extremely careful but I'm also a bit too cautious.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default

    I always get mine on Ebay as well. You can get them cheap enough that you can keep changing the screen protector as it gets scratched up.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default

    I have never had a scratch on any of my phones. No protectors. I never put my keys in the same pocket. I make sure of it. My phone is the only thing that goes in my right pocket.

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  21. #21  

    Default

    Beach sand is the worst..it actually scratches the $20.00 protector so I operate my phone from inside a sealed zip lock sandwich bag while at the beach this summer.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

    how are the skinomi protectors for the Maxx? I had them on my pre plus and they were outstanding.
  23. #23  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    how are the skinomi protectors for the Maxx? I had them on my pre plus and they were outstanding.
    I approve them

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  
    QUIK_LS1's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post
    I have used Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal] on all my phones and have always been greatly impressed never had one come up or off never scratch even when using a finger nail to get something off also very easy to put on and that's nice being a amputee.
    Agreed. Plus you don't get the orange peel look/feel like many do with the Zagg. I'm a Steinheil fan for life now.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praggles View Post
    Beach sand is the worst..it actually scratches the $20.00 protector so I operate my phone from inside a sealed zip lock sandwich bag while at the beach this summer.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I never go to the beach but ouch! The closest I've come to that is my friends summer cabin is on the river and I take my phone with me on a Jet ski while riding. I wear a water proof pouch on my neck so I've been lucky when I fell in the water. Damn jet Ski is a performance one lol.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions