Opinions on Screen Protectors, please . . .

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
More and more kiosks in area malls seem to offer screen protectors. I plunked down $20 and had one installed on my Maxx. I am wondering if I spent my money frivolously or if they truly have value.

Opinions on the worth of these screen coverings would be most welcome.

Thank you.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
If you enjoy having a nice scratch free screen definitely put a protector on. I am very rough on phones, my phone would be scratched to hell if I didn't have one.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've used clear screen protectors on all my phones and tablet and they are invaluable to keeping your screen scratch free. You probably don't realize how many times you may accidentally put your keys and phone in the same pocket, and recipe for scratches of your ain't got some kind of screen protection.

I've used the Zagg invisible shield on my old Rezound as well as my Samsung tablet. Good investments. Just remember to NEVER use your fingernails on the Zagg to clear a dirt particle off, or else it will put visible marks on your Zagg. This doesn't happen, although, on a static cling clear scree protector, as those are slicker.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Depends if you need one. I can't stand the feeling of any protector so I go without one. I put my phone in a pocket pouch for safety but never keep anything in the same pocket.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have used Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal] on all my phones and have always been greatly impressed never had one come up or off never scratch even when using a finger nail to get something off also very easy to put on and that's nice being a amputee.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've used clear screen protectors on all my phones and tablet and they are invaluable to keeping your screen scratch free. You probably don't realize how many times you may accidentally put your keys and phone in the same pocket, and recipe for scratches of your ain't got some kind of screen protection.

I've used the Zagg invisible shield on my old Rezound as well as my Samsung tablet. Good investments. Just remember to NEVER use your fingernails on the Zagg to clear a dirt particle off, or else it will put visible marks on your Zagg. This doesn't happen, although, on a static cling clear scree protector, as those are slicker.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

Excellent point, Deron. This very morning I had my Maxx in the same pocket with my car keys.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My fiance' DEFINITELY needs them as she throws her phone into the swirling vortex of pain that is her purse. Me? I don't use them. I don't really like them as most make the screen feel like it's coated in rubber. Every phone I've had with Gorilla Glass has never scratched and I've had them in pockets with keys, change, etc. Maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have never seen a scratch.

Reactions: Stone Cold RN

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My fiance' DEFINITELY needs them as she throws her phone into the swirling vortex of pain that is her purse. Me? I don't use them. I don't really like them as most make the screen feel like it's coated in rubber. Every phone I've had with Gorilla Glass has never scratched and I've had them in pockets with keys, change, etc. Maybe I'm incredibly lucky but I have never seen a scratch.

I agree with you. I sold my Droid X after 2 years with nary a scratch. I expect the same out of my Maxx. I just don't like the feel of screen protectors...and some of them just feel wrong. :confused:

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't be fooled; Gorilla glass CAN BE SCRATCHED.
Maxx sustained a lil blemish to his shiney face, so he got a Zagg slapped on him faster than my hair fell out.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i use ZAGG on my phones and Kindle and would be scared not to. they are in between $10 and $20 on Amazon, so no i think you did ok. i personally have scratched Gorilla Glass with pocket lint, so i recommend them, others have been more lucky.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a buddy of mine @ VZW to slip me a otter box commuter screen protector. The built in protector on the defender is crap. Makes your screen look terrible.

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender on mine to protect it from falls, ripped off the included screen protector because it looks like garbage and installed the Zagg Invisible Shield on it... Looks great and is now well protected. I have used Zagg opn many devices and you can't go wrong with them.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Previous phone was a BB Storm 2. Had a privacy screen protector on it for a while but hated the feel and the change to the display. After 2+ years I never had a scratch on my screen. I don't use them - maybe I've been lucky. And $20 is robbery for a 10 cent item.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't be fooled; Gorilla glass CAN BE SCRATCHED.
Maxx sustained a lil blemish to his shiney face, so he got a Zagg slapped on him faster than my hair fell out.

I know they can be scratched. I guess I'm just conscious enough of my phone to keep it safe (whether in my pocket or wherever I may be). Or maybe I'm just lucky...either way, I don't like SPs so I'm glad I don't "need" them.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Depends if you need one. I can't stand the feeling of any protector so I go without one. I put my phone in a pocket pouch for safety but never keep anything in the same pocket.

Same here I used to use them but even the Zagg ones get dirty. I haven't had a protector on any of my phones since last year and I've yet to get a scratch on any of my phones even the Gnex which doesn't have Gorilla glass was fine. I reserve my front right pocket for my phone and nothing else. lol On the other hand if you need one just make sure it isn't a cheap one or it will blur out the display.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the Zagg Invisible shield. I've used different screen protectors over the years and they all got scratches in them over time and had to be replaced.

The only time I've had to replace an invisble shield was because I replaced a phone under warranty and Zagg sent me one free!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here I used to use them but even the Zagg ones get dirty. I haven't had a protector on any of my phones since last year and I've yet to get a scratch on any of my phones even the Gnex which doesn't have Gorilla glass was fine. I reserve my front right pocket for my phone and nothing else. lol On the other hand if you need one just make sure it isn't a cheap one or it will blur out the display.

I have never put my phone in my pocket with anything. I still use a pocket pouch that forms to the phone but I probably don't need to. I'm extremely careful but I'm also a bit too cautious.

danimgale

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I always get mine on Ebay as well. You can get them cheap enough that you can keep changing the screen protector as it gets scratched up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a scratch on any of my phones. No protectors. I never put my keys in the same pocket. I make sure of it. My phone is the only thing that goes in my right pocket.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)