How often will it not turn back on?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Razr would not turn back on today after an attempt to re-boot. No matter what I did. Took it to the store and they removed the sim card, pressed the volume down and power button for a re-set. That fixed it.
Is this a known issue, and if so how can you avoid it?
Thanks

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I had mine just turn off normally then when I went to turn it back on nothing. I tried all the different button pushes. After 3 or 4 hours finally pushing the power on button it powered up so decided to do a factory reset it worked but don't think the battery life is as good. Hasn't done it again but still kinda worries me.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am one of the people that has had problems since the update. They weren't too bad at first, but it has progressively gotten a bit worse. I really didn't want to do a factory reset. A few days ago my phone did exactly the same thing and wouldn't turn on. I finally did a reset. I hope that works.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Again same thing this morning. I turned it off last night because the Vzn guy at the store told me that leaving these things on for days gets em all bound up... (hmmm)_. So this morning, again unable to start it. I took the simm card out, did the same power/vol down push, nothing... waited again,... nothing. Went to work tried it again.. bang it starts....What tha?

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I turn mine off every night to charge, and times I want to ignore people on facebook. No problems powering up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
VZW customer support immediately recommended they send me another unit since this smells of hardware issue. I agree,... oh well now to set up my 5th phone in 7 months,... (3 Galaxy Nexus and two Razr's.)

Will not turn this sucker off until I get the replacement;)

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine was on when it happened. I was on a phone call, and when it was over, i tried to end the call. At first i just thought the screen wouldn't turn on. Then realized the phone had powered down on itsits own and wouldn't turn back on. That was Saturday, and so far it hasn't done it again.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sends out refurbished phones. Of course, some phones are returned because they are smarter than the user. Otherwise, they've at least had a technician pronounce them healthy (for what that's worth).

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The first phone I got was a new one (the one with the problem) My replacement is a "like new" one, and it certainly looks and appears to be "like new". No marks, screen is great, all pixels present, on/off switch works great. Came loaded with ICS.
All set up and working great.:D

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ya know i thought this was just be & something i was doing wrong.. I would be watching TV, go to use my phone & its off.. I was thinking.. Hmmm did i Power it down & not remember? Then it happened the same as someone else said.. Went to tap the End Call button & thought the screen was just off but then realized it powers down on its own.. Been doing it a lot lately.. Can't remember if it did this with GB or if it started after ICS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

softballkid4

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I got up this morning and my phone was completely charged from charging last night. I got in my car, made a call to work, hit end, then sat the phone on the seat. I picked it up again to call home and it was powered off. Now it won't power on. Held down the pwr button forever it seemed like with no luck. Tried plugging back into the car charger.... nothing. That was over an hour ago and it still won't power on. This has happened before but it always came back on and I just figured I'd done something wrong but now I realize this is a problem. Gonna take it back to the VZW store today. Only problem is I bought this thing about 4 months ago so I don't know if I'll get a replacement without some cost. Keeping my fingers crossed they can fix it or get me a new one.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Try holding down both of the Volume buttons and then press the Power Button. It should get you into recovery mode. You'll see a droid on his back then press both volume buttons again.

If it keeps happening, get a new phone. If you just installed ICS, do a Factory Reset. Good luck!

Tomad9#AC

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I had the BSOD on my original MAXX running GB and VZW sent me a CLN. Funny the tech on the phone said it was the SIM card and the guy in the store said it was the phone. I received the CLN new running GB and it was fine (had to keep my SIM card), never got the BSOD with it for over 2 months. I did the ICS update and I have gotten it 4 times, funny thing is a couple of times i did the hard reset and a couple of times I would get that the contacts has stopped responding. I would end it and it would come back to the home screen. I have also received a message that says the homescreen has stopped responding, has anyone else got this?

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday. I was at work with the battery at about 50 percent. I was trying to access the Reddit app and it hung up on loading so I hit the home button and my phone went blank and wouldn't turn on for a few hours. I thought that maybe I was mistaken with the battery, but when I plugged it in... nothing.

I hit power plus down and I guess that worked to turn it on. Maybe. (It actually booted up on its own at lunch without me doing anything but when I tried to unlock it, it shut off again.) After turning on, I could receive calls and texts and connect to the internet through wifi, but it won't connect to the internet over 4g. (There's also no 4 displayed next to my bars anymore.)

Earlier this morning the phone also stopped recognizing the sim card and I had to reset for the phone to detect it. (This has happened once before a couple weeks ago.)

So... my phone is less than two months old. And from what it sounds like from the rest of this thread, I need to get it replaced?