App backup

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My "like new" replacement should be here tomorrow. Now I'm not rooted so is there an app that i can use to backup my installed apps that actually works? That is the worst part of getting a new/replacement phone. :confused:

Ouch...it's a Razr, Maxx.

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Under Privacy... there's settings there you could try...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do as the above poster said. It isn't going to restore most applications though so you'll sadly gave to go to the Play store and view all apps and manually download. No idea why Google hasn't implemented a better solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Google Play on your desktop (not your phone) and click on "My Android Apps" near the top of the screen, you can see what is currently installed on each of your devices. So if you were to do a factory reset of a device, you could then go to that screen and hit install for each app. However, I don't know how it works for a replacement phone. When you activate your new phone, you should check the Google Play website and see if you can reinstall each app this way.

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Google Play on your desktop (not your phone) and click on "My Android Apps" near the top of the screen, you can see what is currently installed on each of your devices. So if you were to do a factory reset of a device, you could then go to that screen and hit install for each app. However, I don't know how it works for a replacement phone. When you activate your new phone, you should check the Google Play website and see if you can reinstall each app this way.

I've done that before, but they only keep about 50 apps on file, which sucks because sometimes I download 20 apps per week.

Ouch...it's a Razr, Maxx.