Maxx is HOT HOT HOT!

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I went on a tubing trip down river yesterday and (stupidly) decided to leave my Maxx in my truck. The high was around 90. It was sitting in my truck for around 4 hours. Look at how hot my battery was!!! :eek: Luckily, I don't see any sort of permanent damage. I snapped the screenshot then shut it down and let it sit in front of my AC for a while. That thing was HOT!

Screenshot_2012-07-22-14-13-35-1.jpg

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack but what is that bar at the bottom with all the info. That's pretty spiffy. Glad your phone was ok.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Generally not a good idea to leave anything with a battery in a hot car. At best, you'll lose your charge quickly. At worst, the battery could explode. Glad to see that your Maxx seemed to survive its sauna intact!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Generally not a good idea to leave anything with a battery in a hot car. At best, you'll lose your charge quickly. At worst, the battery could explode. Glad to see that your Maxx seemed to survive its sauna intact!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Doubt the battery is actually gonna get hot enough to exolode... But there could be damage resulted from leaving it in the heat. I always leave mine in the glove box and on 100+ days it stays under 100 degrees.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, maybe not explode--but I do recall learning that the damage from extremely high heat can be irreversible.

Reactions: TitoRoE

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack but what is that bar at the bottom with all the info. That's pretty spiffy. Glad your phone was ok.

In case he doesn't answer, I think it's part of the Atrix HD launcher. The widget he has is definitely from the new Atrix phone, and it's only attainable by using that launcher as well.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not from the Atrix launcher. Both the top & bottom bar are widgets I created using Elixir 2. Excellent app...and its free. There are a ton of options of what to display or toggle via widgets. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: cubetop

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My truck is an F150 and I left it in a little storage compartment above my aftermarket stereo. Maybe next time I'll try the glove box with the phone off.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I would never leave my baby in an unattended hot vehicle with the windows rolled up. You should be ashamed of your self.
I did leave my wife wife in a hot car unattended once though. Her and the hot car was gone when I came back. :confused:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've always been fine leaving it either in my center console or glove box, never goes above 105, which is as high as it's ever gotten when I'm using it also. I

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
105*F = 40*C and that is where mine hovers in the inferno i call my office. now if i had a comfy desk job it would be around 32*C. but 40 is fine. the danger zone is 50+

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Thanks for the Elixir 2 tip. That is one PRETTY COOL app. I'm still figuring it out as I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I like it though. It has some pretty good functionality!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Thanks for the Elixir 2 tip. That is one PRETTY COOL app. I'm still figuring it out as I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I like it though. It has some pretty good functionality!

Keep an eye on Elixir. I don't know if its improved with updates or not but I used to use it and it used alot of resources. System hog as I called it.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye on Elixir. I don't know if its improved with updates or not but I used to use it and it used alot of resources. System hog as I called it.

I'll keep an eye on it once I set it up and get it running. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20