Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leroybrute
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Maxx is HOT HOT HOT!

I went on a tubing trip down river yesterday and (stupidly) decided to leave my Maxx in my truck. The high was around 90. It was sitting in my truck for around 4 hours. Look at how hot my battery was!!! Luckily, I don't see any sort of permanent damage. I snapped the screenshot then shut it down and let it sit in front of my AC for a while. That thing was HOT!

Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Default Re: Maxx is HOT HOT HOT!

Not to hijack but what is that bar at the bottom with all the info. That's pretty spiffy. Glad your phone was ok.

Generally not a good idea to leave anything with a battery in a hot car. At best, you'll lose your charge quickly. At worst, the battery could explode. Glad to see that your Maxx seemed to survive its sauna intact!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Generally not a good idea to leave anything with a battery in a hot car. At best, you'll lose your charge quickly. At worst, the battery could explode. Glad to see that your Maxx seemed to survive its sauna intact!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Doubt the battery is actually gonna get hot enough to exolode... But there could be damage resulted from leaving it in the heat. I always leave mine in the glove box and on 100+ days it stays under 100 degrees.
    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Ok, maybe not explode--but I do recall learning that the damage from extremely high heat can be irreversible.
    Thanked by:
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    Not to hijack but what is that bar at the bottom with all the info. That's pretty spiffy. Glad your phone was ok.
    In case he doesn't answer, I think it's part of the Atrix HD launcher. The widget he has is definitely from the new Atrix phone, and it's only attainable by using that launcher as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, it's not from the Atrix launcher. Both the top & bottom bar are widgets I created using Elixir 2. Excellent app...and its free. There are a ton of options of what to display or toggle via widgets.

Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My truck is an F150 and I left it in a little storage compartment above my aftermarket stereo. Maybe next time I'll try the glove box with the phone off.

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Doubt the battery is actually gonna get hot enough to exolode... But there could be damage resulted from leaving it in the heat. I always leave mine in the glove box and on 100+ days it stays under 100 degrees.
    Cell Phone Exploded Inside Car | 2da6s

it can happen...
    Thanked by 2:

I would never leave my baby in an unattended hot vehicle with the windows rolled up. You should be ashamed of your self.
    I did leave my wife wife in a hot car unattended once though. Her and the hot car was gone when I came back.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I have had my Rezound over 140 twice. Scared the s@!? right out of me.
    I Google's it awhile back and a battery that reaches above 140 f can self heat even after removing the battery until it catches fire or explodes.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

it can happen, all batteries say it (be it fine print) not to let them get over 120* i think?
    Just some hobo with a phone

ROM
    Arctic HD

I've always been fine leaving it either in my center console or glove box, never goes above 105, which is as high as it's ever gotten when I'm using it also. I

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

105*F = 40*C and that is where mine hovers in the inferno i call my office. now if i had a comfy desk job it would be around 32*C. but 40 is fine. the danger zone is 50+
    Just some hobo with a phone

P.S. Thanks for the Elixir 2 tip. That is one PRETTY COOL app. I'm still figuring it out as I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I like it though. It has some pretty good functionality!

Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    P.S. Thanks for the Elixir 2 tip. That is one PRETTY COOL app. I'm still figuring it out as I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I like it though. It has some pretty good functionality!
    Keep an eye on Elixir. I don't know if its improved with updates or not but I used to use it and it used alot of resources. System hog as I called it.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Keep an eye on Elixir. I don't know if its improved with updates or not but I used to use it and it used alot of resources. System hog as I called it.
    I'll keep an eye on it once I set it up and get it running. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central.