Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By MikeLip
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is all the love now?

I got on here to complain about having to restart my phone twice today for two different reasons and the first thing I notice is all the new complaints. Just fantastic!
    The first was while hooking up to my computer. The drives displayed in the window, but wasn't really there and then it randomly rebooted on it's own. Nice. Worked after the reboot. The second was just now I tried to run a YouTube link from my SMS. Got to the browser, clicked on the video and when it asked me how to run it, I mistakenly chose Browser and it locked up the browser. Completely. I know I should have selected YouTube app but even though I didn't, it should have run. Just locked up. Couldn't pull up any sites. Rebooted and clear my defaults on the browser so I could select Youtube this time and that worked. But I'm still seeing a problem with Google images in tile format. some of the page at the bottom 'trails'. It's like it can't load the whole page.
    Last edited by rbess1965; 07-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: Where is all the love now?

ive found the browser to be lacking... thats all ive got for ya man.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here or what the purpose of this thread is.....but from the title and what Braden said, I will say that my only issue so far has been some buggy Google Music stuff, and my phone rebooted itself once. Aside from that, I absolutely love ICS on the Maxx. It's the perfect phone.
    Thanked by 4:

Ics good update but i got many bugs
    If i try to use while charging its really annoying it keeps jumping whn i try to write simething on whatsapp or in tapatalk and start deleting itlsef amd dialer is also gets mesy
    When i press 1 instd it press 9 and starts calling 9 and i have restart the mobile

And whn i want to go to settings it FC and have to restart

In 3g it hangs alot so i have to disable the 3g amd enable it again

My gallary app is sooooo laggy

Contacts app deleted some of my contacts and syncd it to my google account so lost those contacts
    I found out that in whats app cuz many contacts had number insted of names

And most annoying bug is that now i camt no uninstall evernote facebook and twitter apps but can only disable them as these apps r now behabe like native rom app

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ArcticHD

Have had a few FC's but never had mine reboot on it's own. Nothing on mine i can really complain about.

I'm keeping the love to myself. Other than the browser lag I'm loving the ICS. I might complain more about the browser lag but I am constantly tethered to my ICS tablet that has browser lag. LOL
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually removed some of the things I was going to say so I'm sure I'm not making sense at all. Sorry about that. But the main thought with the title is that before I bought a Maxx I got on here and there was nothing but love for it. I'd say the ratio of good to bad posts was about 85%. Now I get on here and see more issues than satisfaction. That's all.

As for the issue I'm having with the browser I merely wanted to see if anyone else is too. Last night I download Dolphin HD and disable the stock browser to see if that had any effect on it and I don't think so. Although Dolphin appears to perform faster, I saw the page break up even with it so it has to be my processor. It's just a weird thing with mine I guess. Sorry to be so confusing. I hate even having to get on here to moan about these things now.
    Last edited by rbess1965; 07-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I thought that this is what forums where for?... My whole life has been a lie!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would have never found Android Central if I was 100% satisfied with my Bionic.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    bradenfontaine likes this.

I dont understand why the same ppl have to be rude/condescending about a persons post (you know you are) always have some to say. Leave these people alone why cant they complain about there issues w/ICS update i too have issues.... I dont know why you always have to put someone down grow up DAMN

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

it is difficult to convey my emotions through a keyboard, so ill say this simply. there is no one here i dislike.

If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

With ICS, the Maxx has gone from being really good to superb. It's fast, much cleaner and more useable, and lots prettier. Battery life is about the same. No stability problems of any kind. It's just awesome, and kicks my iPhone4s **** in most respects, and ALL respects for my primary use, which is as a communications device.

The only problems I have are the display and camera. Neither are as good as the iPhone. But both are still pretty good.

Well, technically the iPhone4 doesn't have a ****. However imagine it did, and then imagine it getting kicked.

There's your love. It's the best smartphone I've ever had. It was already under GB. ICS just made it better.
    LegalAmerican likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarrale View Post
    I dont understand why the same ppl have to be rude/condescending about a persons post (you know you are) always have some to say. Leave these people alone why cant they complain about there issues w/ICS update i too have issues.... I dont know why you always have to put someone down grow up DAMN

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    A forum is an online destintation where multiple people can share thoughts, concerns, opinions about anything, provided the topic is in the correct section of the forum. There will always be disagreements and discussions, and that is what makes it interesting and engaging.

I have been one who has been slightly critical of those with issues after ICS, but i've also stated multiple times that a portion of those people have had legit problems and complaints, and are 100% justified.

The reason I have been critical of others, is because the "issues" they claim to have, can be easily fixed but you can sense that they don't want solutions, they just want to be negative and complain. rbess is NOT one of these. He seems to be one of the justified and I hope a solution/patch/update comes quickly.

Also, be cautious of telling others not to put people down while doing the same thing in your post.
    Thanked by:

I love ICS. I love my Maxx!! All the phones have their share of problems. Go to the S3 forum and see what they are complaining about. Its the nature of these technological breakthroughs called a cellular phone these days. And if you are not happy Verizon is always there to give you another one. Oh yea, it's been said a quadrillion times.....factory reset after update.