1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Global use of my Razr Maxx

Does anyone know if you can get the MAxx unlocked for a different simcard . I pam traveling abroad in 2 weeks and would like to be able to use it without having to pay Verizon the global plan.

Thanks

I say no...Big Red want every cent you have... but you could always call and ask them....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

Default Re: Global use of my Razr Maxx

You just have to get hold of your carrier. They will supply the unlock codes. Then you can pop in a new chip.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now.

With the ICS update, they unlocked it for global use. You're supposed to be able to put in another SIM card when traveling abroad.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

The posts in this forum say all you need to do is pop in a foreign SIM. The MAXX is already unlocked. It sounds like you have to turn off the phone first and boot with the new SIM in place, though.

Rez: Hi, my name is Rez. How may I help you?
    james litton: I have the droid razr maxx with ics operating system can I use a prepaid sim with out it being unlocked
    Rez: That's a good question, James. Are you referring to other US SIM cards?
    james litton: yes us sim cards it has the 4.0.4 running now
    Rez: I apologize it will not work with any other US SIM cards. That will only work for non-US SIM which outside the country.
    james litton: is their any way to unlock it for other us sim cards Verizon has our second bill posted for over 200$ and did not go over anything and cant afford to pay 200$ every month if not more
    james litton: it says it will also run on gsm which is why I ask
    Rez: It has GSM feature since part of ICS enhancements is its Global Ready where only non-US SIM can be used. There is no option to unlock it so you can use US SIM. You can also check with Verizon for any other GSM services they offer.
    james litton: thank you
    You have disconnected.

You can search for an answer while you wait