1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid razr maxx for prepaid 50 dollar plan

Hey ppl. My friend gave me droid razr maxx. I was wondering if I can get the 50 dollar plan from Verizon. Can I use it for prepaid? I don't want the 2 year contrat.

ROM
    I don't root.

Firstly, you have a nice friend. Ummm, I don't think you are ever required to sign a contract just to use a phone. Signing a contract enables you to purchase a new phone at a discount. However, if you already own a phone with a clean ESN, you should be able to activate it after choosing your voice, text, and data plan. Then you simply pay month to month. You can easily do this online if you already have a new, unused SIM card. If you need a SIM card, you can pick one up at a Verizon store for a small price.

As you use the phone, you can change your plan to increase or decrease the data amount should you need to. But you can quit using Verizon at any time since you are not under a contract. The only requirement to use the Razr Maxx would be that you have to have a data plan to use an LTE smartphone on Verizon.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I don't root.

I don't think you'll be able to get a $50 total bill plan, though. It looks like the voice and text only come as an unlimited $40 plan, plus the minimum data plan is 1 gigabytes for $50.

So the voice, text, and data will be a minimum of $90 per month, plus any taxes and other communications fees. You are looking at around $95 to $100 per month for your actual bill. No contract, though.

These $50 unlimited talk, text, and data plans are only for certain 3g phones. Here

This does not apply to an LTE phone like the Razr Maxx.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by Deron Baker; 07-27-2012 at 07:31 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Droid razr maxx for prepaid 50 dollar plan

That is crazy. Can I unlock it for tmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashepimpin View Post
    That is crazy. Can I unlock it for tmobile?
    The upgrade to ice cream sandwich will unlock it for gsm use.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Even the xt912 version?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

And what is ice cream sandwich upgrade? Sorry I am kinda backward on those stuffs

I have tried to activate my Droid Razr MAXX online for the prepaid plan, and I keep getting told that this phone isn't eligible for the prepaid because it is a 4G phone. If you have a solution as to how I can get this phone activated, I would LOVE to hear it! I would appreciate the help