Nova Launcher bug on Razr Maxx?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have issues with adding widgets using the Nova Launcher with their Razr Maxx?

When I long-press to add a widget, the available widgets show the icon and only white space next to them. I think the problem is that the background should be dark or the text should be dark, but unfortunately the background and text are white. If you can figure out what widget to add just by the icon you're ok, but some apps have multiple widgets, so you're left guessing which widget you're adding.

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have issues with adding widgets using the Nova Launcher with their Razr Maxx?

When I long-press to add a widget, the available widgets show the icon and only white space next to them. I think the problem is that the background should be dark or the text should be dark, but unfortunately the background and text are white. If you can figure out what widget to add just by the icon you're ok, but some apps have multiple widgets, so you're left guessing which widget you're adding.

If you hold your finger on the logo while choosing your widget, it will darken the text and allow you to figure out which widget you are looking for. It's not perfect, but it will get you going.

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea i have the same problem and i can assure you that same thing happnes if you use apex launcher

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The problem is fixed on Nova, only if you have root access. If not it will have the white background.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
There's gotta be a fix that doesn't require root access- that's just silly.

I'm sure this thread will not do anything... but maybe sending the developer's an email from the Play Store will, and maybe you will get a real answer... there is a link to "Email Developer"... try that!!!

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Best way to add a widget using nova launcher is not by long pressing screen. Open up app drawer. On the top bar, tap o Widgets. Should show your Widgets with previews, rather than just a list.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Nova from market. Unrooted using Voodoo. Verified "unroot" by opening Titanium Backup. Showed "we are sorry, unable to verify root". Tried Cache mate....same thing. Assuming phone is unrooted. Tapped "home" key. Asked which launcher. Tapped "nova" and set to default.

4353dbbe-02aa-09a8.jpg

Tapped app drawer icon from main screen. Tapped the widget tab. All Widgets and their respective "views" opened. Will try to post screenshot. Long press icon, good to go .....

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Reinstalling root now....but this method works regardless. Never heard of a launcher needing root access....(specific OS versions, yes .....root? No....)

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
You are right. Sorry. Just went to Apex Launcher (native for my ROM), and it is the same thing...Curious as to the native ICS launcher....Seems like this is a problem for ICS. Ability to add Widgets from app drawer was removed by Google....why????

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Adding widget from drawer is only avilable to native launcher so far but it might change in the future updates

For apex n nova you need root acess or have to use long press in the home screen

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
For apex n nova you need root acess or have to use long press in the home screen

No, both statements are untrue. Go to the apps page and select widgets. There they are. Some may require a restart to appear - HD widgets required that for me. I do not have root and I run Nova.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
No, both statements are untrue. Go to the apps page and select widgets. There they are. Some may require a restart to appear - HD widgets required that for me. I do not have root and I run Nova.

You sure about that? Cuz icant choose widget frm app drawer and its IMPOSSIBLE

What your refering is that choosing the widget frm app drawer like long press

Widgets will appear in app drawer same like long press not like ICS default widget

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You sure about that? Cuz icant choose widget frm app drawer and its IMPOSSIBLE

What your refering is that choosing the widget frm app drawer like long press

Widgets will appear in app drawer same like long press not like ICS default widget

Nope, you're right - I was wrong. And now I am going to look at rooting my Maxx!

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thread went off onto a somewhat different subject ;)..

I will e-mail the dev and let him know (though I know based on app reviews that they must already be aware of it).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad