Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Hey, wait a min...I still use XP....lol.

But I knew some ppl that went from GB to ICS on the RAZR or Maxx wouldnt like it. Overall I like it...I liked it when I had a G Nex. I have a couple of issues with it.....but overall, I think its good.

Most issues are probably learning curve related with some ppl.

Its also a testament to how good of a job Motorola did with Blur and GB....I said this before...some ppl with a Bionic, RAZR, Maxx or whatever latest Moto phone that has the latest version of Blur..... might be fine waiting on ICS. And might wanna go back to GB.

But stock GB vs stock ICS...its no contest...IMO. And IMO Blur + GB thats on the RAZR and other Moto phones vs stock ICS....its a lil better contest.
    Blur on ics is even better imo

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    jroc likes this.

Default Re: Droid Razr Maxx-ICS is horrible!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Blur on ics is even better imo

Now that I have JB on my Nexus 7, I want it on the Maxx too! And while according to version numbers it's a minor upgrade (from 4.0 to 4.1) it does some things differently enough to thrwo me sometimes. Still Android has VASTLY improved since I first met it in the Droid, where I hated everything about it. It's now my favorite mobile OS. Except I wish it windowed, like a Windows, Linux or Apple desktop system.

Stan, did you do a factory reset yet? I didnt have many of the features of ics including home screen contacts, until I did a reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Now that I have JB on my Nexus 7, I want it on the Maxx too! And while according to version numbers it's a minor upgrade (from 4.0 to 4.1) it does some things differently enough to thrwo me sometimes. Still Android has VASTLY improved since I first met it in the Droid, where I hated everything about it. It's now my favorite mobile OS. Except I wish it windowed, like a Windows, Linux or Apple desktop system.
    Yeah, I'm hoping we will see JB. I'm sure we will though sooner or later

I cant imagine going back to GB
    Thanked by 2:
    apquijano likes this.

Agreed. Going back to GB would be a collossal kick in the groin. Even if ICS has a few bugs (GB did too) i HATE the feeling of being left behind the tech curve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I'd have to agree to a certain extent that some of the features were a step back and were easier to use with gb. Deleting an app on ics is ed as to how much more difficult it is compared to gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Deleting an app in ICS is dirt simple. Go to the apps and drag it to uninstall. You don't have to go to settings or anything.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Deleting an app in ICS is dirt simple. Go to the apps and drag it to uninstall. You don't have to go to settings or anything.
    I was thinking that it was the same as the Galaxy. I guess I remember wrong

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Getting used to new stuff can really suck. I always hate having to get a new phone when my current one is bugging out. I have to relearn my new phone. So I feel your pain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

are you kidding me, that is half the fun
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by 2:
    bgl321 and MikeLip like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    are you kidding me, that is half the fun
    Yup. If I didn't want to learn anything, I'd go back to iPhone.

Speaking of iPhone and not learning anything, has anyone else seen the Apple Geniuses commercials during the Olympics???? Apple is SO condescending to their customers by implying that they aren't intelligent enough to operate their devices. That tells me 2 things.....1) Apple has to spoon feed benefits of the Mac to their customers. 2) "Ease of use" claims fly right out the window. Google has never had to hire an entire workforce ('geniuses') to remind it's users why they like their products.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

havent seen it, anyone got a link?
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Speaking of iPhone and not learning anything, has anyone else seen the Apple Geniuses commercials during the Olympics???? Apple is SO condescending to their customers by implying that they aren't intelligent enough to operate their devices. That tells me 2 things.....1) Apple has to spoon feed benefits of the Mac to their customers. 2) "Ease of use" claims fly right out the window. Google has never had to hire an entire workforce ('geniuses') to remind it's users why they like their products.
    I would be careful to separate Apples' marketing group from the rest of the people working for them. I did have opportunity to use an Apple Genius Bar - my daughter broke her iPhone screen. No stupid questions, no hassles, no BS. They simply handled it. Unlike Verizon who would have tried to sell us 26 different cases, earpieces, Jamboxes, adapters, and more expensive services. They were very good indeed. Apple marketing is probably run by the usual mindless zombies - they can't understand anything, and therefore assume their customers can't either.

That's definitely true. In my experience....companies must keep a tight hold of their marketing techniques. If Apple's marketing undermines the company's goal of creating an image that is user friendly, they should be in some trouble. I have heard good things of the genius bar, but man.....those commercials were bad.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DavidPhil View Post
    I also had a lot of issues when I upgraded to ICS.. But cleaning the cache seemed to control it to some extent.. And a bug fix update is on its way i think..
    It's a noble effort to suggest a fix, but i've learned by sad experience on this forum, that ever since ICS the majority of complaints are from people who don't WANT the problems fixed. They just want to "be heard". Great suggestions though for anyone who actually is looking for solutions.
    Thanked by:

I just cleaned the cache recently. Battery has gotten slightly better (already had done factory reset). Right now I'm at 72 percent with 1 hr, 19 minutes of screen time. If I could go back to at least 24 hours on a charge I would be happy. Phone lasts all day still but now I have to charge every night. Hoping for that fix soon!!!! Still better than my X which had to be charged at least 3 times a day.

sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

I almost forgot how much I HATE ICE CREAM SANDWICH until this morning..........

Sooooo here's a complex problem (another shameless dig against ICS) I want to move an email from the Trash folder back into the Inbox folder.

Would one of you ICS fan club members kindly enlighten me on how this is achieved and then please explain why someone needs to do a Google or Forum search to accomplish something so simple.
    Thank you very much,
    Stan

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Hey its Stan View Post

Sooooo here's a complex problem (another shameless dig against ICS) I want to move an email from the Trash folder back into the Inbox folder.

Would one of you ICS fan club members kindly enlighten me on how this is achieved and then please explain why someone needs to do a Google or Forum search to accomplish something so simple.
    Thank you very much,
    Stan
    Seemed pretty self explanatory to me. Must be a user error. 99 percent of the time it is.

LegalAmerican likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Seemed pretty self explanatory to me. Must be a user error. 99 percent of the time it is.

Thanks so much for your time explaining it and for keeping up the "I'm smarter than you" theme

Thanks so much for your time explaining it and for keeping up the "I'm smarter than you" theme
    And it works the same as it does on the desktop full browser version of Gmail... open the email in the trash you want to recover, select the folder icon (or whatever you want to call it - lower left), select the folder you want it to go into (example: Inbox)... it's done... wow, rocket science.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    cubetop and LegalAmerican like this.

Thank you very much,
    Stan

I forgot until this morning how much I hate these posts. Let me explain why........

You ask a question with anger involved so that it's an obvious trap. Even if someone could help you through the issue, your response would be full of venom towards the OS and saying how terrible it is. ICS must not be all that bad if you had forgotten until just now how bad you hated it. Time to reconsider your distaste? Maybe if you calm down and brush aside your tendency to immediately get pissed, you might have a smoother experience as you learn how to use the features of ICS.
    cubetop likes this.

In Gmail, touch the Labels button (looks like a couple of tags). Select Trash, then find the email you want to move. Touch the Labels button again, tick the check box for that email, then select which Label (folder) you want to move it to, touch OK.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Oops, sorry fatboy, didn't see that you already answered!

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast