Droid Razr Maxx-ICS is horrible!!!!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of iPhone and not learning anything, has anyone else seen the Apple Geniuses commercials during the Olympics???? Apple is SO condescending to their customers by implying that they aren't intelligent enough to operate their devices. That tells me 2 things.....1) Apple has to spoon feed benefits of the Mac to their customers. 2) "Ease of use" claims fly right out the window. Google has never had to hire an entire workforce ('geniuses') to remind it's users why they like their products.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of iPhone and not learning anything, has anyone else seen the Apple Geniuses commercials during the Olympics???? Apple is SO condescending to their customers by implying that they aren't intelligent enough to operate their devices. That tells me 2 things.....1) Apple has to spoon feed benefits of the Mac to their customers. 2) "Ease of use" claims fly right out the window. Google has never had to hire an entire workforce ('geniuses') to remind it's users why they like their products.

I would be careful to separate Apples' marketing group from the rest of the people working for them. I did have opportunity to use an Apple Genius Bar - my daughter broke her iPhone screen. No stupid questions, no hassles, no BS. They simply handled it. Unlike Verizon who would have tried to sell us 26 different cases, earpieces, Jamboxes, adapters, and more expensive services. They were very good indeed. Apple marketing is probably run by the usual mindless zombies - they can't understand anything, and therefore assume their customers can't either.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely true. In my experience....companies must keep a tight hold of their marketing techniques. If Apple's marketing undermines the company's goal of creating an image that is user friendly, they should be in some trouble. I have heard good things of the genius bar, but man.....those commercials were bad.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I also had a lot of issues when I upgraded to ICS.. But cleaning the cache seemed to control it to some extent.. And a bug fix update is on its way i think.. Fixing the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX ICS Issues

It's a noble effort to suggest a fix, but i've learned by sad experience on this forum, that ever since ICS the majority of complaints are from people who don't WANT the problems fixed. They just want to "be heard". Great suggestions though for anyone who actually is looking for solutions.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just cleaned the cache recently. Battery has gotten slightly better (already had done factory reset). Right now I'm at 72 percent with 1 hr, 19 minutes of screen time. If I could go back to at least 24 hours on a charge I would be happy. Phone lasts all day still but now I have to charge every night. Hoping for that fix soon!!!! Still better than my X which had to be charged at least 3 times a day.

sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I almost forgot how much I HATE ICE CREAM SANDWICH until this morning..........

Sooooo here's a complex problem (another shameless dig against ICS) I want to move an email from the Trash folder back into the Inbox folder.

Would one of you ICS fan club members kindly enlighten me on how this is achieved and then please explain why someone needs to do a Google or Forum search to accomplish something so simple.
Thank you very much,
Stan

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Sooooo here's a complex problem (another shameless dig against ICS) I want to move an email from the Trash folder back into the Inbox folder.

Would one of you ICS fan club members kindly enlighten me on how this is achieved and then please explain why someone needs to do a Google or Forum search to accomplish something so simple.
Thank you very much,
Stan

Seemed pretty self explanatory to me. Must be a user error. 99 percent of the time it is.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for your time explaining it and for keeping up the "I'm smarter than you" theme

And it works the same as it does on the desktop full browser version of Gmail... open the email in the trash you want to recover, select the folder icon (or whatever you want to call it - lower left), select the folder you want it to go into (example: Inbox)... it's done... wow, rocket science.

Reactions: carracerz14

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much,
Stan

I forgot until this morning how much I hate these posts. Let me explain why........

You ask a question with anger involved so that it's an obvious trap. Even if someone could help you through the issue, your response would be full of venom towards the OS and saying how terrible it is. ICS must not be all that bad if you had forgotten until just now how bad you hated it. Time to reconsider your distaste? Maybe if you calm down and brush aside your tendency to immediately get pissed, you might have a smoother experience as you learn how to use the features of ICS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Gmail, touch the Labels button (looks like a couple of tags). Select Trash, then find the email you want to move. Touch the Labels button again, tick the check box for that email, then select which Label (folder) you want to move it to, touch OK.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, sorry fatboy, didn't see that you already answered!

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You ask a question with anger involved so that it's an obvious trap. Even if someone could help you through the issue, your response would be full of venom towards the OS and saying how terrible it is. ICS must not be all that bad if you had forgotten until just now how bad you hated it. Time to reconsider your distaste? Maybe if you calm down and brush aside your tendency to immediately get pissed, you might have a smoother experience as you learn how to use the features of ICS.

I admit I am angry. Not at anyone in particular unless you had something to do with the design of ICS. There is no denying that you may be more tech savy than others including myself and there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the Gingerbread OS was far more user friendly than ICS. Obviously your experience differs from mine but there is no need to make it personal just because I don't agree with you.

And it works the same as it does on the desktop full browser version of Gmail... open the email in the trash you want to recover, select the folder icon (or whatever you want to call it - lower left), select the folder you want it to go into (example: Inbox)... it's done... wow, rocket science.

Welcome to the smarter than you club. When I particpate in other forums in areas that I have knowledge of, I always try to help and NEVER make comments that make me feel smarter than anyone else. I'm always glad to help.

In Gmail, touch the Labels button (looks like a couple of tags). Select Trash, then find the email you want to move. Touch the Labels button again, tick the check box for that email, then select which Label (folder) you want to move it to, touch OK.

B. Diddy I applaud you. I really do. The intention of your post was to lend assistance to someone who needed it which is exactly why forums really exist.

Unfortunately it didn't help. I am using the Email app and not the Gmail version. But thanks again.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the smarter than you club. When I particpate in other forums in areas that I have knowledge of, I always try to help and NEVER make comments that make me feel smarter than anyone else. I'm always glad to help.

If my comments were construed as being "smarter than you club" material, then I'm sorry... I guess the rocket science comment might have been a little much, but after a number of your smart a$$ comments you might have expected some. But if you are too afraid to touch some of the icons on the screen to see what they do. Spend more time getting to know your device.

Here is a good resource for learning more about your device with ICS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If my comments were construed as being "smarter than you club" material, then I'm sorry... I guess the rocket science comment might have been a little much, but after a number of your smart a$$ comments you might have expected some. But if you are too afraid to touch some of the icons on the screen to see what they do. Spend more time getting to know your device.

Here is a good resource for learning more about your device with ICS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

Thanks. I've touched them all. You are giving me advice using the Gmail app which is not what I am using

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I typically only use the Gmail app, but I fired up the Email app to see if I could help you. You're frustration is justified--there does not seem to be a simple way of moving an email that you've placed in the Trash back to the Inbox.

From what I can tell, the best workaround is to find the email in the Trash, and Forward it back to yourself (select the email, tap the upper right corner for options, and forward the message back to yourself.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I've touched them all. You are giving me advice using the Gmail app which is not what I am using

Dude for real.....you have to be clear and give these crucial details if you want help. I've read a ton of threads on this site, and 99% of the people commenting here are amazingly helpful in all aspects of this site and the Android experience. People just get frustrated when you get smart with them, and then get offended when they are smart back. No one is saying they are smarter than you, they are simply frustrated that you want help, but so many of your posts are dripping with sarcasm. If you put forth the effort to include specific details instead of all the sarcasm and anger, you'd already have your issue solved.