Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want to purchase droid razr maxx

Hi,
    I want to buy droid razr maxx can anyone tell me things that I will miss and things I will like since I only used HTC in android phones

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191

You will miss charging your phone multiple times a day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:

If you like a phone without a bug them I suggest you to buy gnex or sgs3 but if you care about the battery then maxx

Other then the battery maxx is nothing

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakimmmmm View Post
    If you like a phone without a bug them I suggest you to buy gnex or sgs3 but if you care about the battery then maxx

Bah, I had Nexus and sold it for Maxx. There is nothing I miss and now can easily go full day on single charge. Better radio signal on Maxx and camera too. I don't miss my Nexus, very happy with Maxx.

Now S3 is worth a look, wife has one but it's a bit buggy yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Hakimmmmmm has no idea what he/she is talking about. Countless people have left the buggy gnex for the maxx and they are thrilled. The Maxx is s great phone. We're currently dealing with a crop of users like Hakimmmmmm though, who don't comprehend the way updates and OS upgrades work. The Maxx is AWESOME

Thanked by:

I came from a thunderbolt only because it died. Have to say i like razr a little better especially with the battery! But i do miss a few things from my htc. Htc i could click on a video/pic/word link and "view" w/o dl'ing. Now it auto dl's everytime. Cant sort bookmarks on razr, can't delete certain days in browsing history all or nothing now. Fb pix sync seamed to work better in htc, battery on razr only reports in 10%. Just some minor things. With the maxx i don't have to use juice defender to get through the day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Good solid phone here. Good radio and good screen quality inside and out. Keyboard I don't love but found SwiftKey 3 and now it is complete. Plus you can get a nice refurbished lapdock on ebay for 50 to 75 and make it that much cooler. I have had mine since Feb and I have no regrets. If you want to look at buggy phones check the forums you don't see the complaints about RAZR Maxx or the RAZR that you do on so many other phones less complaints means better phone in my book. Good luck in your search.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Hakimmmmmm has no idea what he/she is talking about. Countless people have left the buggy gnex for the maxx and they are thrilled. The Maxx is s great phone. We're currently dealing with a crop of users like Hakimmmmmm though, who don't comprehend the way updates and OS upgrades work. The Maxx is AWESOME

Lolz your either drunk or dont really own maxx or gnex

My gnex gets quick update even it has bugs but razr maxx in other hand its full of bugs with ics and im sure we have to wait months to get fix from moto

Ofcourse you want to keep your maxx with gb then its good but if you want ics then buy sgs3 or gnex and you want to have a buggy phone with hell of battery go with razr maxx

And i d choose my gnx over razr maxx anytime if it had decent battery life

FYI the only thing great about this phone is battery and used matterials

Shape sux
    Sotware sux

Although it has dual core 1.2 as gnex its wayyy slow or maybe its due to some bug

I had a Thunderbolt and there are definitely things I miss. The screen I feel was much sharper, the colors were brighter, the camera was FAR superior, and the HTC widgets were amazing. But, all that said, I dont regret my purchase one bit. The Maxx camera is more than adequate, ICS is smooth as silk, and the battery is INSANELY good with my use. I think overall it is the best technology purchase I have ever made. It's not perfect but the pros defeat the cons by a long shot. I don't think you will be disappointed.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

My gnex gets quick update even it has bugs but razr maxx in other hand its full of bugs with ics and im sure we have to wait months to get fix from moto

Ofcourse you want to keep your maxx with gb then its good but if you want ics then buy sgs3 or gnex and you want to have a buggy phone with hell of battery go with razr maxx

ICS is available for the Razr/Razr Maxx if you like your gnex that much I'm happy for you, but to trash another device just to make yours look better in your own eyes isn't what's being asked here it simply makes you a fan boy

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    sanchez2005 likes this.

ROM
    Arctic HD

FYI the only thing great about this phone is battery and used matterials

Shape sux
    Sotware sux

Although it has dual core 1.2 as gnex its wayyy slow or maybe its due to some bug

I had a nexus. Worst phone I ever owned. Switching to the maxx was the best decision I made, and the same goes for countless other people. Don't say your g phone gets faster updates, I was sitting waiting for 4 months for 4.0.4, only for it not to fix anything. The Maxx is not slow, there is no speed difference between it and the nexus, go troll somewhere else

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    sanchez2005 likes this.

Not to be a complete jerk, but your point of view loses it's power & persuasion by your inability to complete sentences. I love my Maxx on ICS because unlike a lot of smartphone owners (like hakimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) I know how updates work, and I maintain logical expectations. Progress and change doesn't scare me. The ICS upgrade blows gnex out of the arena because the only thing gnex had over the Maxx was 4.0. Now you have a phone that allows you to unleash it without the fear of a dead battery.

If you like the gnex, and don't mind sitting next to an outlet all day, great! I prefer to have a MOBILE phone so I can leave the house and live.

And by the way, I don't drink. I have no sorrows to drown with alcohol, because I do not own a Gnex.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanked by:
    sanchez2005 likes this.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously when your Mom logs you onto the computer, don't use the phrase "lolz".

Thanked by:
    sanchez2005 and apquijano like this.

Default Re: I want to purchase droid razr maxx

Also, if you want to be taken seriously when your Mom logs you onto the computer, don't use the phrase "lolz".

lolz

But seriously, coming here to this forum at this point in time when ICS is fairly new to the Maxx, you're going to find a plethora of people complaining about different things. You have to understand that these people are the VAST MINORITY.

There are plenty of people that are fully enjoying their phones with absolutely no complaints whatsoever, giving them absolutely no reason to come here for reasons other than showing their absolute joy for their phone.

I am part of the majority where my phone has been absolutely astounding. It's fast, it lasts, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully, you decide to make the switch to the Maxx, because even if I could choose today, I'd still choose this phone over the SGS3 or GNex.
    Thanked by:
    sanchez2005 likes this.

First of all im nt troling cuz i own gnex n maxx

Unlike some drunks who thinks maxx is superior to gnex
    And dont tell you dont drink as i know you practically bath in alochol

To OP if you want to spend your money to junk like razr maxx and listen these so called happy users who plays angry birds all day long and then brag about battery then go ahead buy this crappy phone

But you want proper android phone go with sgs3 and if your ROM freak then rry gnex

As i said before if you really need longer battery then you need to buy maxx like i did

FYI: guys its just a phone not your children we r talking about so relax and dont get emotional ) im just tellimg what i experienced with this phone

Well atleast i have a mom who does that to me unlike some ppl whose mom works in some bar in back alley

Note; if you want to see reall ppl who use maxx with ics then search the forum for ics maxx then you will see what i mean

Dnt listen these guys nor me just search the forum and read yourself

First of all im nt troling cuz i own gnex n maxx

Unlike some drunks who thinks maxx is superior to gnex
    And dont tell you dont drink as i know you practically bath in alochol

To OP if you want to spend your money to junk like razr maxx and listen these so called happy users who plays angry birds all day long and then brag about battery then go ahead buy this crappy phone

But you want proper android phone go with sgs3 and if your ROM freak then rry gnex

As i said before if you really need longer battery then you need to buy maxx like i did

FYI: guys its just a phone not your children we r talking about so relax and dont get emotional ) im just tellimg what i experienced with this phone

You're telling people not to get emotional but you spent the opening statements of this post accusing someone of alcoholism and calling my beloved phone a waste of money.

But you're exactly right. You are detailing YOUR experience with the Maxx, which in no way is a proper indicator of how each Maxx is.

And as far as ROMs go, I'm a crack flasher and this phone has tanked everything I've given it. While lasting two and a half days on one charge. Probably playing Angry Birds, according to you.

But again, this is just my experience.

This is a mere reaction to above comments
    If you seey first comment youd see i only talked about phone bugs but some people r soooo attached to thier phones and had to insult in comments

As i said before i jad realy bad experinece wit this phone amd i did write it here thats all

Note; if you want to see reall ppl who use maxx with ics then search the forum for ics maxx then you will see what i mean

Dnt listen these guys nor me just search the forum and read yourself

You should read what I wrote about you and the others that complain here being the minority.

I am a real person who has really used the Razr Maxx and has absolutely nothing to complain about. The reason I stay on these forums is to help the people I can and to let people know that this phone is perfect for me, and could be for them as well.

For you to label people as alcoholics/not real/other-worldy just because they disagree with you doesn't make you a troll, but it does make you look like an *** and you should know that.

Razaqadri, if you are seriously considering buying a Razr Maxx, you can message me if you'd like to go over any concerns you have over the phone. I just don't want you to be completely dissuaded from purchasing this phone because someone has complete and utter disdain for it.
    Thanked by:
    sanchez2005 likes this.

Uh, dude, you're the one who started the insults by saying the Maxx is "nothing." A certain percentage of all tech products are bound to have bugs. Making a blanket statement about a particular device because of what you may have experienced with only one of them, or because your friend told you, or because of something you once read, is kind of ignorant. You never even mentioned how you know the Maxx is so buggy, when in fact it isn't in my experience as well as that of many many many members of this forum.

Anyway, enjoy posting more of your comments while you can. They might disappear at some point soon.
    Thanked by 2:
    apquijanoRy 

I dont really care what you guys think cuz at the end of the day i made my point

Razr maxx ics sucks and its not only me but alot of people

Insted of hearing from your friend i suggest you to look at the forum for maxx ics then you will know what i mean
    And just becpuse you have proper maxx ics doesnt mean it doesnt have bugs
    Dont be ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Razaqadri View Post
    Hi,
    I want to buy droid razr maxx can anyone tell me things that I will miss and things I will like since I only used HTC in android phones

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191
    So that we don't get too much off track due to extracurricular activities ...

To the OP: I previously had an HTC Droid Incredible, which was a decent phone. I liked some of the HTC Sense widgets like the Calendar and Favorite Contacts widget. The Maxx's stock Calendar widget is pretty poor--it only shows an agenda format rather than giving the option for a monthly format. The stock Favorites widget for the Maxx is kind of cool, but rather than giving you the option of having a full screen widget with your favorites arranged as a grid, it's a 4x1 bar that you can drag open, then select the contact--looks cool, but in practice, requires more than a simple touch to call someone. You can place individual contacts as shortcuts, but that's a little less elegant.

The DInc's still camera was ok, but video cam was terrible, even after the update that allowed HD recording. Notwithstanding some complaints about the camera on this forum, I find it to be solid, and have been able to take some pretty nice pics, as long as ambient light is good. Like most other smartphone cameras, low light pics don't come out very well. The Maxx's video camera is excellent.

With my Maxx on ICS, I am happy to say that it has been essentially bug free. There are a few minor glitches here or there, but in no way would I consider the whole package "buggy." Contrast that with my DInc, which had problems with intermittent automatic reboots for no clear reason. I've had my Maxx for 5 months, and not once has it crashed and required a reboot.

Build is excellent--very solid, not plasticky like my old DInc (as well as many other phones out there). Screen is perfectly fine for me (some people feel the Pentile screen is inferior to other screens, but I'm not so picky). The phone is fast as all get out--I don't know what was wrong with the one hakimmmmmmm used.

But let's face it, the main attraction is the battery. Of course it's super awesome. It allows me not to have to worry about charging it halfway through the day, it makes me not feel guilty about keeping 4G or Wifi on for extended periods of time, and it doesn't make the phone heavy or give it a Quasimodo hump in the back.

Anyway, why not try for yourself? You could always get the Maxx, and return it within 14 days if you agree with hakimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But you won't. You'll love it.
    Thanked by 2:

B. Diddy to save the thread!

I don't plan on upgrading for a while now. I was considering the Razr HD, but with the smaller battery and bigger screen, I just don't think I'd like it as much.

If you do decide to get the Maxx and encounter any problems, you can always come here and ask. Hopefully, though, you'll be coming here to tell us how great YOUR experience with it has been
    sanchez2005 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast