This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
With Gingerbread running, I would easily get 24+ hours of moderate use. After updating to ICS, my battery has become horrible.

This screenshot is from today. And today's use was actually light. This is with the screen brightness turned lower than average.

I specifically switched to the Maxx for the 3300 battery. This is totally unacceptable.

Honestly, I'm not techy at all - I don't really want to do that recovery reboot stuff. And I can't power my phone off at night, while it's charging (do to some commitments and responsibilities).

Is there a way to revert back to Gingerbread?

-mcskipp

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that's horrible based on the details in the picture provided. However, that all depends what amount of usage is deemed light according to you. Your screen time used nearly all of the battery so how much time was the screen on? I also see that you're running Facebook but I'm sure your settings for that are the same as they were on Gingerbread so that's not a big concern.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem

Im not saying that this much battery isnt enough but GB maxx spoiled me really bad :)

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You know we don't work for Motorola right?

Ps-didnt did my research before and still haven't upgraded. At 1 day and 18 hours, at 17%.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just do a factory reset. I did for my Razr Maxx and my GF's Razr. It really helped both of our phones. You can either refuse to factory reset and live with inferior battery life, or you can bite the bullet and reset and get better battery life.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset didn't help me either.
I know apps can cause this but I disabled all syncs except for my gmail and it's still pretty bad but I can deal with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For many people, the battery life returns to normal after several charge cycles. If you don't want to do a cache partition wipe(which is very simple and does not cause any data loss) or a factory reset, then be patient and wait for a few cycles, then see how things settle out.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
For many people, the battery life returns to normal after several charge cycles. If you don't want to do a cache partition wipe(which is very simple and does not cause any data loss) or a factory reset, then be patient and wait for a few cycles, then see how things settle out.

I had the exact same issue as reported by the OP and the cashe partition wipe solved the problem. (I had already done a Factory Reset before I accepted ICS and then another Factory Reset after I installed ICS.)

Be advised that the cashe partition wipe didn't solve the problem overnight, it probably took five battery cycles before I was back to the level of battery performance I had with GB.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it kind of hard to make any educated guess about the battery life? I see 73% was screen, but how much screen time was there? If you had 6.5 hours of screen on time, 11 hours of use might not seem so bad. There are so many variables in these threads I honestly think it's hard to have enough data for a case study. There have been a few people though that have put multiple screen shots up that have really helped. I used to have multiple shots of mine right after ICS so I could gauge what had changed.

Anyway, not trying to throw doubt on the original poster, just I can't tell how much "actual" screen on time there was so it's hard to know what type of drain was there.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it kind of hard to make any educated guess about the battery life? I see 73% was screen, but how much screen time was there? If you had 6.5 hours of screen on time, 11 hours of use might not seem so bad. There are so many variables in these threads I honestly think it's hard to have enough data for a case study. There have been a few people though that have put multiple screen shots up that have really helped. I used to have multiple shots of mine right after ICS so I could gauge what had changed.

Anyway, not trying to throw doubt on the original poster, just I can't tell how much "actual" screen on time there was so it's hard to know what type of drain was there.

Exactly what I was saying

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Eh, all I know is that I was using the phone way more on GB than the day I snapped the screen shot on ICS. I can't really provide figures and data, but the new battery life is much noticeably worse.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try some of these tricks you guys posted. I think I would rather (attempt to) tinker with it, rather than wait for an update.

Thanks- and wish me luck :p

-mcskipp

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Eh, all I know is that I was using the phone way more on GB than the day I snapped the screen shot on ICS. I can't really provide figures and data, but the new battery life is much noticeably worse.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try some of these tricks you guys posted. I think I would rather (attempt to) tinker with it, rather than wait for an update.

Thanks- and wish me luck :p

-mcskipp

If you consider flashing .215, please refer to the thread I've posted on this forum and ONLY use it as a last resort. Try all these suggestions and if nothing works, if you can understand the process of flashing AND returning to stock, then give it a try as well.

Give it a couple more charge cycles and keep us posted.

@p0c@lyp53

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat new to Android but I actually had 1 day and 11 hours from one charge. That is a total of 35 hours. Unfortunately, i did not know how to take a screenshot to show you. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed a change in battery life from GB to ICS. Sorry to those who are seeing problems. I will definitely get a screenshot next time.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Every phone is different. I realized that a long time ago. Where my Facsinate was the worst phone for me, was the best phone for my friend. Go figure. My battery on ICS is great. But I did do a factory reset. These phones have a mind of their own.:cool:

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got my MAXX last week, and I am averaging at least 16 hours a day (6-8am til 11pm-midnight) of casual use (a little gaming, web, facebook), and I usually still have 20% at this point.

Even if that sounds "unacceptable for a 3300Mah battery", to me if a phone can stay off the charger from the time I roll out of bed til the time I roll back into bed, that's a good smartphone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1