Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.

With Gingerbread running, I would easily get 24+ hours of moderate use. After updating to ICS, my battery has become horrible.

This screenshot is from today. And today's use was actually light. This is with the screen brightness turned lower than average.

I specifically switched to the Maxx for the 3300 battery. This is totally unacceptable.

Honestly, I'm not techy at all - I don't really want to do that recovery reboot stuff. And I can't power my phone off at night, while it's charging (do to some commitments and responsibilities).

Is there a way to revert back to Gingerbread?

-mcskipp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.-uploadfromtaptalk1343552748401.jpg  

Default Re: This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.

I'd say that's horrible based on the details in the picture provided. However, that all depends what amount of usage is deemed light according to you. Your screen time used nearly all of the battery so how much time was the screen on? I also see that you're running Facebook but I'm sure your settings for that are the same as they were on Gingerbread so that's not a big concern.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Read the countless other threads.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by 2:

I have the same problem

Im not saying that this much battery isnt enough but GB maxx spoiled me really bad

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.-uploadfromtaptalk1343555332331.jpg  

There's 10 other posts on this issue already. Also we've been told a patch is coming. Not sure what else you want/need to hear. (fyi- my battery has been awesome)

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanked by 2:

You know we don't work for Motorola right?

Ps-didnt did my research before and still haven't upgraded. At 1 day and 18 hours, at 17%.

ROM
    I don't root.

Just do a factory reset. I did for my Razr Maxx and my GF's Razr. It really helped both of our phones. You can either refuse to factory reset and live with inferior battery life, or you can bite the bullet and reset and get better battery life.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

Factory reset didn't help me either.
    I know apps can cause this but I disabled all syncs except for my gmail and it's still pretty bad but I can deal with it.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

They've said it's a known issue and they're working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    There's 10 other posts on this issue already. Also we've been told a patch is coming. Not sure what else you want/need to hear. (fyi- my battery has been awesome)

My battery is pretty awesome, too.

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

For many people, the battery life returns to normal after several charge cycles. If you don't want to do a cache partition wipe(which is very simple and does not cause any data loss) or a factory reset, then be patient and wait for a few cycles, then see how things settle out.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    For many people, the battery life returns to normal after several charge cycles. If you don't want to do a cache partition wipe(which is very simple and does not cause any data loss) or a factory reset, then be patient and wait for a few cycles, then see how things settle out.
    I had the exact same issue as reported by the OP and the cashe partition wipe solved the problem. (I had already done a Factory Reset before I accepted ICS and then another Factory Reset after I installed ICS.)

Be advised that the cashe partition wipe didn't solve the problem overnight, it probably took five battery cycles before I was back to the level of battery performance I had with GB.

Isn't it kind of hard to make any educated guess about the battery life? I see 73% was screen, but how much screen time was there? If you had 6.5 hours of screen on time, 11 hours of use might not seem so bad. There are so many variables in these threads I honestly think it's hard to have enough data for a case study. There have been a few people though that have put multiple screen shots up that have really helped. I used to have multiple shots of mine right after ICS so I could gauge what had changed.

Anyway, not trying to throw doubt on the original poster, just I can't tell how much "actual" screen on time there was so it's hard to know what type of drain was there.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    Isn't it kind of hard to make any educated guess about the battery life? I see 73% was screen, but how much screen time was there? If you had 6.5 hours of screen on time, 11 hours of use might not seem so bad. There are so many variables in these threads I honestly think it's hard to have enough data for a case study. There have been a few people though that have put multiple screen shots up that have really helped. I used to have multiple shots of mine right after ICS so I could gauge what had changed.

Anyway, not trying to throw doubt on the original poster, just I can't tell how much "actual" screen on time there was so it's hard to know what type of drain was there.
    Exactly what I was saying

Flash 215.

Sent from my r00ted ICS 4.04 Razr MAXX!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Eh, all I know is that I was using the phone way more on GB than the day I snapped the screen shot on ICS. I can't really provide figures and data, but the new battery life is much noticeably worse.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try some of these tricks you guys posted. I think I would rather (attempt to) tinker with it, rather than wait for an update.

Thanks- and wish me luck :P

-mcskipp

Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    Eh, all I know is that I was using the phone way more on GB than the day I snapped the screen shot on ICS. I can't really provide figures and data, but the new battery life is much noticeably worse.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try some of these tricks you guys posted. I think I would rather (attempt to) tinker with it, rather than wait for an update.

Thanks- and wish me luck :P

-mcskipp
    If you consider flashing .215, please refer to the thread I've posted on this forum and ONLY use it as a last resort. Try all these suggestions and if nothing works, if you can understand the process of flashing AND returning to stock, then give it a try as well.

Give it a couple more charge cycles and keep us posted.

I'm somewhat new to Android but I actually had 1 day and 11 hours from one charge. That is a total of 35 hours. Unfortunately, i did not know how to take a screenshot to show you. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed a change in battery life from GB to ICS. Sorry to those who are seeing problems. I will definitely get a screenshot next time.
    Thanked by:

Every phone is different. I realized that a long time ago. Where my Facsinate was the worst phone for me, was the best phone for my friend. Go figure. My battery on ICS is great. But I did do a factory reset. These phones have a mind of their own.

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just got my MAXX last week, and I am averaging at least 16 hours a day (6-8am til 11pm-midnight) of casual use (a little gaming, web, facebook), and I usually still have 20% at this point.

Even if that sounds "unacceptable for a 3300Mah battery", to me if a phone can stay off the charger from the time I roll out of bed til the time I roll back into bed, that's a good smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    I just got my MAXX last week, and I am averaging at least 16 hours a day (6-8am til 11pm-midnight) of casual use (a little gaming, web, facebook), and I usually still have 20% at this point.

Even if that sounds "unacceptable for a 3300Mah battery", to me if a phone can stay off the charger from the time I roll out of bed til the time I roll back into bed, that's a good smartphone.
    Right on!!! I mean really. The Maxx's battery does not compare to anything out there right now. With my Rezound by noon I was plugging it in to recharge. What a joke. Even with the extended but ugly battery I would have to charge half way through the day. And thats with moderate use.

Global Posts
    1,960 Global Posts

I came from Galaxy Nexus, battery life seems quite good to me. Only down 30% after 13 hours is pretty good for me. This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.-uploadfromtaptalk1343695867072.jpg
    Screen shows a little more than 2 hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I did an experiment yesterday. After a full charge at 100%, and not being on facebook all day, :o I got 18 hours out of my maxx, with 10% left at 11:00 pm. I have done several drain and recharge with phone off and factory reset. I'm happy with the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

My 3600 mah extended battery for my nexus still only lasted 8-10(If i was lucky) hours, you guys can stop complaining now

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Here is my battery so far today. Screen has been off most of the time. Haven't used it much at all (just some light Facebooking and web browsing). And the screen display is set on power saver. Less than 6 hours off the charger and hardly any use - sucked up 60%

I'm gonna spend the night trying some recommendations. Doing something like factory reset is just such a pain though. That will be last resort.

BTW, the last two nights, I ran the phone down to about 15%, and fully charged it while the phone was completely off.

-mcskipp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This new battery life is UNACCEPTABLE.-screenshot_2012-07-30-22-25-04.jpg  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast