1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Drain

I have had my Droid Maxx since February and have had to charge it every other day. Three days ago, something started draining my battery and today I will need to recharge it by noon. When I look at the battery usage, the "Android OS" is the big user at 74%. I'm told that is from Apps running. I have "Advanced Task Killer" app and when I use it, the apps just open back up. I'm spinning my wheels. I went to the Verizon store and that was a waste of time.
    Any ideas??

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Battery Drain

I would try a factory reset and start from scratch loading everything back into the phone. Back everything first and go from there. If your like most of us, your contacts go to a google account so once you log in your contacts and apps will reload into the phone. Give that a shot. I had the same issue with my device along with something else after ICS. I ended up having to get a new device and now I get over 30 hours on a charge.

Are you rooted? What apps do you have loaded? What did you change recently? What are the second and third top things in your battery usage? Did you try rebooting, and when was the last time you rebooted? Just a few things you left out of your post.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

All of the above... and get rid of that task killer, they do more harm than good.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have rebooted, twice, to no avail. I haven't downloaded any new app (except for the killer one that isn't helping and will remove it). The Battery usage is: Android OS 81%, Phone idle 7%, Cell Standby 5%.
    Thanks for the replies.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Sh!t that is a mess. definitely recommend a factory data reset.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Sh!t that is a mess. definitely recommend a factory data reset.
    I'd second this, but I'd also not start loading every app you had before... just the apps you really need for daily usage, then go slow and see how battery life is with just a few apps... and be sure to check how you have each setup to use... like Facebook, I only have it update once every 4 hours instead of the default once an hour.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by: