Droid Razr Maxx wont turn on!!!

BrandonJ2013

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got off of work and my phone was at a 60% charge, and went to lay on my bed and fell asleep, I woke up around 4 am to find my phone turned off.. and not turning back on. Please help!!!! When I plugged it into the charger, it did nothing, usually phones turn on and the big red "M" pops up, but the phone doesn't even acknowledge that it is charging.I just got this phone a few days ago. PLEASE HELP MEE!!!

BrandonJ2013

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind! Problem solved! I guess since the battery is so big, it take so long to re-charge. The battery was just COMPLETELY drained. Sorry for wasting your time, lol.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
remember to use the charger that came with the Maxx. some chargers do not have enough mA or high enough voltage. also yes it does take a few minutes to register. i would be more concerned why your battery went from 60% to zero overnight...

Gleadogg

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My battery did the same thing the other night.... I woke up to a 0% battery and was freaked when it wouldn't turn on.

I did some playing around with the usb charging options and noticed that when I have my phone hooked up to my computer to "charge", it only charges when it is "connected as a mass storage." If you set it to "media device" or "camera", it doesn't charge.

Not sure if this is true across the board but that's what I noticed about mine.

Good luck.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I never let my phone hit 0% for that exact same reason (on purpose at least)..

Besides that, how did your phone go from 60% to 0% from the time you went to bed? I assume you went to bed at a "1st shift" time (somewhere between 9pm and midnight)? Were you streaming music on it when you fell asleep?

ZackRazr

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I too am having the same problem. Charged it overnite when my battery was at 40% and this morning it was at 20%. I thought maybe the cord fell out and I stuck it on my car charger. It showed that it was connected ( the little battery increasing on the top right ) but after a couple of hours Im now at 5 %. Its dead now and doesnt even register that its plugged in. NO LIGHTS . I pulled my battery out ( not totally of course ) and put it back and Ive had it on a charger for a few hours now. Still I cant turn it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would take it to a Verizon store but I about 130 miles from the nearest one.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If it's dead when you plug it in it has to charge to 5 percent before it will turn on. Just keep holding the power button until it starts. It always takes longer when it's plugged in.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

ccrbchels

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My razr maxx had a white light and would occationally turn on but now there is no light, now it won't turn on with out the charger but it still isn't charging and will only stay on for a few seconds when i finally got it off the charger it said 5%. Please help me. And yes I have tried the power and volume down.

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just leave it on the charger. It won't turn on until it gets to 5 percent. It's a big battery it takes a while to charge

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

ccrbchels

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I did and then it will jump stright to 100%. When its first plugged in it says 5%. I let I charge for the night and it still did the same thing

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I understand that... but the "puter" charges it full every time. (connected as mass storage)

Thanks, though.

I was trying not to confuse the OP. A "puter" has a low mA output. What he needs is a high output to get a "jump start" on his battery. Sure it will charge it. Just not nearly as fast.

Sent from the fingers of a madman

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I did and then it will jump stright to 100%. When its first plugged in it says 5%. I let I charge for the night and it still did the same thing

Can you try to reword that? I'm having a difficult time understanding what you were trying to say.

Sent from the fingers of a madman

itrey

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually you CAN take out the battery on both the Razr and Razr max. Just remove the small orange cover at the bottom of the battery, find small screw driver that will fit the screws, and carefully remove the ribbon cable and battery. Cheers!

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have ANYTHING orange on my phone at all. Pic please!? I'm not sure what you are referring too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge