How do I turn my RAZR off if the screen don't work?

Trek_98

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting in my truck this afternoon, my phone fell out of my pocket. If it would have just went on out the door it probably would have been OK, but it got caught between the door and the jamb as I was closing it. Picked it up and saw all the cracks in the screen. And of course the display don't work. Have insurance, so got my claim in and will have my replacement tomorrow. Even though the screen don't work, I can still use my Bluetooth headset and make calls using voice commands.

When I get my new phone, I'm supposed to shut the old one off before activating the new one. But how do I do it with no screen? This is one time I miss the removable battery.:(

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never shut off any of my phones when I go to activate a replacement, it will be fine just pop your sim out and put it in the new phone it will activate automatically

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Reactions: Trek_98

Trek_98

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a MAXX. And since I can't surf or anything else, probably take about 3 days for it to go dead.

As far as putting in the sim card, I was told they're sending me a new one. So I don't know right now if I'll be using my old one or not. That's why I was wondering about powering down without the display.

I suppose if all else fails, I could just put it back in the truck door. :D

Reactions: bradenfontaine

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If they send you a new one then I think there will be a number you call to activate it, but you should still take the old one out of its in one piece just so your old phone doesn't have service

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the power button for a few seconds, the option screen will pop up. Power off is in between the volume buttons, in the middle of the screen.

And yes, if you just pop out the old Sim card and put it in the new phone, the phone will do the rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Take out sim card, place phone in garbage disposal, flip switch for said garbage disposal, and voila!

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't he just hold down the Power Button and the Volume Down Button for 10-15 Seconds and have it reset which I think would turn it off.

Trek_98

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Replacement up and running!

Got my replacement phone before noon. Took out the sim card and the sd card from my old phone, put in the new, and everything worked! Got all my apps and contacts back. :)

I did talk to Motorola about turning my old phone off. Seems they didn't know how to either. I had my daughter text the wipe command to it (I use Norton), and after I removed the cards I did a soft reset on it again. Hopefully it cleaned it off, but have no way of knowing without the screen. Sent it back in the prepaid envelope still on. Would be interesting to know how long it lasts.

Thanks for all the help getting going again!

BTW the new phone already had ICS installed. :cool: