Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By adobeman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Smart actions suck

I'm so tired of smart actions not working. I have one set so at midnight to 11 am as long as my phone is plugged in it will be in silent except for my priority callers. It will only work for a day or two but then if my phone is plugged in nothing will happen, I'll have to go in, disable, and then re enable the action in order to get it to work. Does anyone else have this problem? I am 4.0.4. I might just use Tasker if I could figure it out lol:thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    I'm so tired of smart actions not working. I have one set so at midnight to 11 am as long as my phone is plugged in it will be in silent except for my priority callers. It will only work for a day or two but then if my phone is plugged in nothing will happen, I'll have to go in, disable, and then re enable the action in order to get it to work. Does anyone else have this problem? I am 4.0.4. I might just use Tasker if I could figure it out lol:thumbup:

My phone used to go this on Gingerbread but has been fine since ICS. I have my phone set up to go silent when plugged into a dock but I've also tried chargers and time frames with no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post

I just cleared all rules and said screw it. Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Re: Smart actions suck

I use Llama - with no issues. Check it out.

Smart Actions was a big reason I wanted to upgrade from the Bionic to the Maxx, and I felt like it would make it worth it. Wow.......not even close. I mean there are other things that make me very happy I upgraded, but smart actions are useless. I've had my phone ring in meetings when a smart action function SHOULD have been active, i've had it silence the ringer when it shouldn't, things often just don't ever kick in or they stop working halfway through. It could be cool, but it isn't.
    Thanked by 2:

I used to use Smart Actions for turning off data when I had Wi-Fi or turning on Pandora whenever I turned my car's BT on. Never had issues then, but can't use it now with this ROM, but I do miss it.

So far I've only used the battery extender and it seems to be reliable.. I can't have my phone on silent when I sleep because I'm on call 24/7
    Haven't really tried the other actions

Russel the cop

Try llama. It's pretty remarkable what that app can do once you learn it. I use it on my droid charge. My wife has a Razr so I check this board out every so often. When I saw smart actions on her phone I thought how much it was a dumbed down version of llama. Llama's probably the best app I have. The beauty is once you set it up it just works.
    Thanked by:

Try Timeriffic. I've been using it for over 2 years and love it.

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Juice Defender Plus has been my Smart actions replacement. Haven't had a need for any of the other options like what llama offers.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

The only smart action I use is when starting my car bluetooth is activated. Works perfectly

i disabled all the junk that was on my phone. I went with Fast reboot, it's even helped with my battery life. Went from just 12 hrs on a full charge, to being on my phone and getting almost a day and a half out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by handyman79 View Post
    i disabled all the junk that was on my phone. I went with Fast reboot, it's even helped with my battery life. Went from just 12 hrs on a full charge, to being on my phone and getting almost a day and a half out of it.
    How do you set that up? I set my trigger to Bluetooth and select my car and than I can't set Bluetooth as an action.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I can genuinely say I've never had an issue with Smart Actions. I have the normal ones set up, like battery extender and charging reminder, and then I also have actions set up so when I'm at work, within work hours, my phone goes to vibrate and when I'm in a scheduled meeting, that switches to completely silent. Never had an issue.

Thumbs down Re: Smart actions suck

I cant even set it up. EVERY time I try to set it up and use it AT ALL, forces close and fails.

I did find one glitch involving the VIP ringer once I sideloaded JB last month, but I also found a workaround. While trying to add individuals to my VIP list, I found it would not let me add them if the phone number started with *82. My cell number is private, but I want to allow some individuals to see my number when I call them, so I preface their number with the *82 prefix. When I tried to add these individuals to my list (Ring Loud For Import People) it would not accept these numbers. I had to add additional numbers to the profile for these individuals without the *82 prefix before I could add them to the VIP list. Strangely enough, once I added a standard number to their profile it would accept these individual and even displayed their number with the *82 prefix.
    edison

Yes llama is the best as this guy says it just works... not the best UI but its workable.

Smart actions dose seem to have a little more root access then llama

I use llama to change profiles for work and out and about.. using cell towers not wifi or gps

I uses smart actions for Bluetooth and it opens up pandora and puts my phone in car mode. sweet

Quote Originally Posted by adobeman View Post
    Try llama. It's pretty remarkable what that app can do once you learn it. I use it on my droid charge. My wife has a Razr so I check this board out every so often. When I saw smart actions on her phone I thought how much it was a dumbed down version of llama. Llama's probably the best app I have. The beauty is once you set it up it just works.