Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Question re: internal storage and external storage

I came from the Nexus S 4G, where there was I believe 1GB of "phone" storage, and 16GB of "internal SD" storage, which was emulating an SD card, but was not removable.

If I'm correct, the Razr/MAXX has some internal "phone" storage, internal SD storage, and external SD storage (if you have a card in)..

What I'm wondering is, I use Amazon MP3 at times, and I believe it downloads MP3s to the internal SD, not external SD. I tried moving my Amazon MP3 music folder to the external card, and the app didn't recognize that I did so, and couldn't find the music.

Are there any tricks I need to know with music players, or is Amazon MP3 just a dumb app that doesn't know to look on SD cards?
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: Question re: internal storage and external storage

i know if you go into settings, and then storage, and then to manage internal storage, you have to option to move files as a batch move. try it and tell us what it does for you.
    Just some hobo with a phone
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Verdict?

sent from the fingers of a madman
    BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    Just some hobo with a phone

Found this thread on another forum. Sorry to step outside Android Central, but a search for your issue didn't yield anything obvious in our forum.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...zon-music.html

i have a similar problem. i love that the phone is 16GB stock... but the partition SUCKS! i bought a 16GB SD Card for it. and i can load files on it from my computer and access everything fine on the phone. but i have so many games installed that the app portion of the partitioned memory gets full. ive moved everything that can be moved. ive erased chaches. but what sucks is when i move weather its through apps, or through storage, or using a app2sd app. the only option i get is phone storage and Internal Memory... if i use a file manager like es file explorer. it realy through me off. cus theres the root. (phone memory) then it says SD Card (turns out its still the phone memory just a partition) then theres the SD Card EXT. (actual SD Card) so great. i can move files like music, pics or movies on the SD Card... but i cant transfer any apps... PISSING ME OFF! theres alot of apps that cant be moved.. ive had ther maxx for atleast 4 months and out of 16GB SD Storage. maybe 15GB is availiable, and after 4 months of games, pictures, music, and 1700 paid apps pack i dled from pirate bay.... in the end out of the 16GB SD i have 14.82 of its still free... how can i transfer apps to the ACTUAL SD Card and not the partition???