Screen completely out - how do I erase data?

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
All-

My daughter dropped her RAZR Maxx which resulted in a small crack on the screen. This despite being only a 3 foot drop onto carpet. I've ordered an Incredible 4G for her to use temporarily while I send the Maxx in for repair. The Incredible will get passed on to her sister.

The screen was working with some artifacts and discoloration but slowly got worse to the point that the screen is completely out. How can I erase all of the data on the phone and reset it to factory state without seeing the screen?

Thanks

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a micro HDMI to to HDMI cable. If so you can hook it up to your TV and use that screen to view the phone. I think it would work, but never tried with a broken screen.

You'll never take my unlimited data!

Reactions: bradenfontaine

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just remembered that I have SeekDroid installed on her phone. Would it be easier to do a remote wipe? I believe that would erase everything. Yes?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That should do the trick. I was gonna tell you to install one of those apps but it would be hard to set up if you cant see the screen?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
if the phone is useless just step on it a few more times. If your just trying to wipe it and not retrieve data. Just crush it.

office-space.gif

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
SeekDroid should be all you need then.

and i was really wanting to post this... screw it im gunna do it anyways.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_hF_RhD-xE&feature=related[/YT]

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Does ADB require USB debugging? If so I'm out of luck on retrieving photos from the internal memory.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci