Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I tell difference between Razr Maxx and non-Maxx ?

I just today received a refurb Verizon Razr Maxx phone. How can I tell whether this is truly the Maxx version versus the non-Maxx original version? Is there a word "Maxx" written on the phone anywhere? I don't know the difference. I want to make sure I have the Maxx version. Thanks! Casey
    Thanked by:

Default Re: How can I tell difference between Razr Maxx and non-Maxx ?

Look at it from the side. The regular Razr tapers significantly from the fat top part where the camera is, while the Razr Maxx only tapers a little.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I just today received a refurb Verizon Razr Maxx phone. How can I tell whether this is truly the Maxx version versus the non-Maxx original version? Is there a word "Maxx" written on the phone anywhere? I don't know the difference. I want to make sure I have the Maxx version. Thanks! Casey
    I as well bought a refurbished maxx (should receive it by Monday)..... good question I agree with the post above

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I think the Motorola logo on the top of the front of the phone's are different colors, as seen here:

Hands-on at CES: Droid Razr Maxx sports big battery - Computerworld

Razr Maxx = black with white letters
    Razr = white with black letters
    Thanked by:

You'll feel like you are going to crush the Razr in your hands. The Maxx feels substantial. The Razr has a silver logo plate hear the ear speaker, the Razr Maxx has a dark logo plate at the ear speaker. The Razr Maxx hardly tapers from the thickness of the camera hump, the Razr tapers significantly! When you get it booted up go to Settings>About phone and under Model Number it will say DROID RAZR MAXX. Hope this helps!
    Moto X 32GB Developer Edition/Apple iPad Mini 16GB
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hit menu/ system settings/ about phone/ the 5th line down will say model number. There you will see if its a maxx or regular.

You'll never take my unlimited data!

In about 9 hours of moderate use the RAZR will be discharged...the Max will last a full day and a bit more....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Praggles View Post
    In about 9 hours of moderate use the RAZR will be discharged...the Max will last a full day and a bit more....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Pfft. 9 hours? I think your being a bit nice with that estimate!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks guys for your input! I do in fact have a Razr Maxx. In my short one day usage today, I am pleased my Razr Maxx is way better than my previous Thunderbolt. I also plugged the Razr to my flat screen TV via HDMI cable and was able to instantly mirror Netflix movies from the phone to television. Very cool !

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post

Razr Maxx = black with white letters
    Razr = white with black letters
    Yep, exactly.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For the record, my brother has the regular Razr, and thinks the battery life is respectable!

I've heard that the Razr has a decent battery life, of course the Maxx lasts longer. It also depends on usage as well as if you're on 3G or 4G LTE.

My wife does not use her Razr anywhere close to what I use my Maxx and she's constantly plugging in and charging...even during short car rides. There's a MARKED difference between the two...

I tried to warn her...
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Major score to get a Maxx instead of a T-Bolt as a replacement....

I got a replacement for my Maxx from Asurion about a month a go, and my battery has been dying on me lately. I downloaded a bunch of new apps when I got the phone so at first I figured something I downloaded was using a ton of battery but then I started to doubt that could be it. I don't have the bump on the back anymore, my logo is white on a black plate, but if I look in the phone under about it says its a Maxx. Asurion is sending me a replacement but it ended up with me calling back and just saying I'm having problems with the battery in my RAZR Maxx because they are sure that's what they sent. This has to be a regular RAZR right? They didn't change the outside of the Maxx to look the same?

The white background of the Motorola nameplate is a dead giveaway that it's a straight Razr. That's pretty bad of them to replace a Maxx with a non Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app