Any way to recover deleted videos and pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki0402

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
So my dumbass thought that I backed my pics and vids up on my computer (turns out that I didn't) . I realized that some were saved internal and some on sd card. So i moved them. For some reason about 140 pictures and 13 vids did not transfer and just say 0mb. Any way to recover these? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Try hooking it up to the computer and see if they show up. Or you can try a soft reset on your phone and see if they pop up.

kevin.slawinski

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
On your computer (if you're running Windows) download Recuva. Google search will find it for you, it's free. Mount your phone and have Recuva do a deep scan of the SD card/phone (wherever the files were originally) and it may be able to recover them if you haven't already formatted or anything like that. Let me know how it goes.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
On your computer (if you're running Windows) download Recuva. Google search will find it for you, it's free. Mount your phone and have Recuva do a deep scan of the SD card/phone (wherever the files were originally) and it may be able to recover them if you haven't already formatted or anything like that. Let me know how it goes.

This is what I was going to suggest.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

OP might also try free version of Zero Assumption Recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
if they saved in the internal memory, I am sorry to tell you, it is merely no possibility to recover photos from Android, unless you have backup, because the computer can't identify the internal memory as a drive.

The internal drive is mapped when you plug it up via USB, as well as the external SD card. It is defiantly possible. It also depends on how long the files have been 0 too.

Are you positive the files that are 0 ever were viewable?

Posted via Android Central App

joelbon

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This reply was posted by tech_head on Razr HD Maxx forum:

Don't attempt anything else with the card.
If the card still behaves in a reader but says it's empty these is possible software to recover.
TestDisk - CGSecurity

This is by far the best recovery software on the market and it is open sources and runs on Mac/Windows/Linux.
It's a brute force no holds barred way to get your data and you need to be a bit computer savvy.
It mounts the SD card or drive, read only as to not damage it any further.
That being said, if this software won't get it, nothing will.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vladislav Gichev

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Except you have Nexus phone which doesnt have an additional card. It seems I lost all my pictures from this Summer when I was in Europe. It's well known fact to back-up your pictures, and I bought a blu-ray recorder to have all my pictures (120 GB) saved, but these on the phone which are the most easy to upload I didnt save :(

EuphoricFuzion

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

NO DOUBT!!! eeeeeeeeek!! I was SO SO SO stressing and Recuva made MIRACLES happen! Whooohoooooooooo!!!!

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth: I deleted a bunch of pics from my phone, only to realize many months later I wish I hadn't. I have an app (called File Transfer Pro) and I use it to transfer files (usually photos and videos) from my phone to my computer. So one day i was transferring pic files and noticed that those pics had deleted months ago showed up on File Transfer Pro. I was able to download them.

Anyways, what probably happens is Android merely marks the file deleted in the FAT table, just like MS-DOS did. The data is still there. No special software to install on your computer either. File Transfer Pro starts a web server on your phone. You point your favorite browser to the address it says to point to.

Note that the phone and your computer need to be attached to the same WiFi network for this to work. And the web server it creates uses standard HTTP, so you should only use the app on a trusted WiFi network.

Distance93

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey i'm trying to do the same thing. How did you get Recuva to read and scan your phone? I can't seem to get it to scan just my phone and get the videos recovered.

MaryMalcomb

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
So my dumbass thought that I backed my pics and vids up on my computer (turns out that I didn't) . I realized that some were saved internal and some on sd card. So i moved them. For some reason about 140 pictures and 13 vids did not transfer and just say 0mb. Any way to recover these? Thanks.

I deleted very important videos is there a way to get them back????

Last edited by a moderator:

JaneWMoreno

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Data can be stored in the sd folder. I accidentally deleted a couple of dozen photos from the camera gallery. I took out the sd card and plugged it into my computer's sd slot. Then I found the deleted photos had been moved to dcim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1