Default ICS Bug fix delayed

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S4 ATT

Galaxy S3 VZW

Xoom LTE VZW

Nexus 7 2012

Nexus 7 2013

Default Re: ICS Bug fix delayed

That article makes it sound like every single Maxx on ICS is unusable. I personally have not experienced any of the bugs that are mentioned in the article. I thought the main issue was the battery life (which, for me, resolved after a cache partition wipe).
    Thanked by:
    fatboy97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That article makes it sound like every single Maxx on ICS is unusable. I personally have not experienced any of the bugs that are mentioned in the article. I thought the main issue was the battery life (which, for me, resolved after a cache partition wipe).
    Your one of the few. My battery performance is sub par at best. I've done a factory reset and cache partition wipe at least 8-9 times in a span of a month and the battery life hasn't changed.

Galaxy S4 ATT

Galaxy S3 VZW

Xoom LTE VZW

Nexus 7 2012

Nexus 7 2013

I've seen a fair amount of bugs myself.

1) Battery life - Mine isn't horrible at ALL but it did decrease a little. Not enough to bother me personally but I understand others have it MUCH worse.

2) Sound - There is a software glitch that makes the sound STOP. Not the hardware issue by squeezing the back either. This is fixed by choosing another ringtone, etc.

3) GPS - The GPS using Google Maps, etc is WAY broken. Takes 3-5 minutes before you can get guidance where before it was almost instant.

4) Email - I've read people not being able to access email. Mine works well but I use the Yahoo app and Gmail app.

I know there are more. I've read about them here and on other forums. My Maxx isn't "unusable" but it definitely did decrease a bit after ICS. I still love my phone. I look forward to the "fix."
    Thanked by:

This. Obviously many with problems but I'd wager that overall it's a relatively small percentage of handsets. Meaningless though for those with real issues.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Honestly I haven't seen these disastrous bugs people are talking about making their device "unusable". Really the only thing is a small decrease in battery life, but not significant, and the GPS issue that cube_top listed above. Nothing that is making my phone unusable though. Although, I did flash the leaked 6.16.215 update to my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Unlike someone else above I totally agree with this... when the article says:

We have received some more information in regards to the upcoming Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich bug fix updates that owners badly need.
    Personally, I found that after the update to ICS and was used for a week or two that the battery life got back to my own personal NORMAL, which was great... and it was back to fantastic.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

I can't believe this! Typical Motorola and Verizon! My phone has been rendered useless because ofICS! Look at this pathetic battery life.

But seriously, everyone was so psyched for the update, even though the statement said "earliest" would be August. Don't trust the dates!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS Bug fix delayed-uploadfromtaptalk1344744184136.jpg  
    B. Diddy likes this.

ROM
    all stock

i dont wanna tread jack or anything but what does clearing the cache do for me? i did it already but i didnt notice a difference in anything

There's no guarantee a cache wipe will help, but for many people it may. If you're still having problems after a cache wipe, then you may want to go the whole 9 yards and do a factory data reset. With Google Play and Amazon Apps, it's pretty easy to reinstall all of your apps.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    I can't believe this! Typical Motorola and Verizon! My phone has been rendered useless because ofICS! Look at this pathetic battery life.

But seriously, everyone was so psyched for the update, even though the statement said "earliest" would be August. Don't trust the dates!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Lol.. my battery life is also not bad.. plus the ICS update feels much more lightweight (aka stock) than the Gingerbread that was on it.. too many intrusive widgets and add ons by default. I'm liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
    Your one of the few. My battery performance is sub par at best. I've done a factory reset and cache partition wipe at least 8-9 times in a span of a month and the battery life hasn't changed.

I actually think you're one of the few. My battery is still awesome as well.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    Lol.. my battery life is also not bad.. plus the ICS update feels much more lightweight (aka stock) than the Gingerbread that was on it.. too many intrusive widgets and add ons by default. I'm liking this.
    Yeah, Motorola did a great job managing how much Blur they put into the update. Our phone is one of the closest experiences to stock ICS and I looooooooooooooooooooove it. It'd be just my luck though to have this new update come out and completely mess up everything -_-

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've experienced none of the problems that others have complained about. I have the RAZR thin and after about two weeks my battery went back to normal. No increase in battery life but no decrease either. I feel for those with issues because I love ICS and wish they could enjoy it also.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I too am bug free. Not one of the issues posted I have experienced. Watch, I'll get the update and then my phone will decide to sh*t the bed.
    Ed - Klingon women are HOT! (A Trekkie for life)
    Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I myself have only found that original ICS .211 had some poor battery life. Never experienced any other bugs. I soon switched to .215 with a factory reset and haven't had a problem since. I would recommend any one with these issues to flash up to .215.

You'll never take my unlimited data!

Besides lower battery life and slower GPS I'm still happy. :-)

I have found the battery to be "OK". No where near as good as GB.
    But shutting off the GPS helps with battery life. Which is not a problem but with GB, I never shut GPS off. With ICS, I have to shut it off when I'm not using it. And still with GPS shut off, still not as good as GB with GPS on all the time. I did a few factory wipes and no luck.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I actually think you're one of the few. My battery is still awesome as well.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    That's good for you.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S4 ATT

Galaxy S3 VZW

Xoom LTE VZW

Nexus 7 2012

Nexus 7 2013