Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

That case is huge! Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    That case is huge! Lol.

Yea man.... I always go for dual layer cases

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

I'm starting to like the Transformer.

Sent from Marx Maxx

Default Re: Got tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    Hmmm, I don't have one and still don't feel the need (read WANT) for one. However, I am already looking ahead to Xmas and my daughter is begging for a tablet. I was thinking the Nexus 7 but after reading about the Acer A110, I'm conflicted. Hmmm, decisions decisions.
    Today I was doing my usual find the great deal tablet or laptop deal and picked up a sealed Nexus 7 8GB with a leather case for 160.00 for my wife. I played with it for a while and set it up for her. It is a nice tablet for the money. Smoother than my galaxy tab 2 7.0 but not as bright and seems a little washed out compared to galaxy tab. The screen is the only thing I don't like about Acer so I'm curious to see what Acer does with the screen on the A110. Having the HDMI, SD slot and rear camera, same quad core as the Nexus 7, and jellybean puts the Acer ahead of the Nexus7 for me. With that said the Nexus 7 had great battery life today 6 hrs with 60 percent left "very heavy use". I also set up 50GBdrop box and zumocast so she has plenty of cloud.

$160 is a great deal--did you get that at a store, or did someone sell it to you?

I'd be worried about Acer's quality control. I like Acer (I have an A500 and A100), but for the A100, they really did cheap out a bit, especially with the screen, which has terrible viewing angles. With mine, the image goes almost completely inverse when the viewing angle (on landscape) goes to about 30 degrees from perpendicular. When viewed portrait, each eye sees a slightly different image quality due to the viewing angle, making the total image a little disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    $160 is a great deal--did you get that at a store, or did someone sell it to you?

I'd be worried about Acer's quality control. I like Acer (I have an A500 and A100), but for the A100, they really did cheap out a bit, especially with the screen, which has terrible viewing angles. With mine, the image goes almost completely inverse when the viewing angle (on landscape) goes to about 30 degrees from perpendicular. When viewed portrait, each eye sees a slightly different image quality due to the viewing angle, making the total image a little disconcerting.
    Got it off craigslist. It was a great deal.
    Yea I had an A100 for a couple of days. I couldnt handle the screen issue. When I would start to lean the tablet back in landscape I would loose visibility. But not any other direction. You are right it sucks but the A500 doesn't have that issue. The a100 is a year and half old, I would hope they would use a different screen for the A110.
    If you want to talk quality issues, they all have a quality issue or 2. Every Asus I have owned and even my Infinity, the screen pops in and out, and light bleed. I'm used to seeing a few issues but they sure are fun.

I ended up ordering the Samsung Galaxy 2 Student bundle that's on sale right now. It'll work perfect for her needs. I'm still not looking for one but have a laptop on the way. :-)

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    That case is huge! Lol.

Actually, it's smaller than the folio style cases...... Just a lot tougher.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Both Asus transformer prime and infinity for me and my lady thinking about two nexus 7s for my son and daughter so they can keep there hands off our tablets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Got my hands on a N7 today. Lighter and faster and JB is way cool.
    BUT> really sorta underwhelmed by the display. I'm really not that picky but something was off... I wasn't intentionally critiquing the display, but on Web pages and the magazine.... My Fire looked much much better.
    I know that the screen has a higher resolution than mine and better and faster guts inside, but I know what I was looking at as well.
    Worth 200 smackers? Absolutely it is. Were I buying a new one today yes siree I'd go with it. And still I may one day.
    Pix looked great. All the new fangled stuff, storage, cameras etc are great.
    But really was not impressed at all with the screen display for reading.
    And I guess I read more than I thought I would. Lol. Then again, maybe it is my fiddy year old eyes.. :-)
    But I'd be hard pressed to not say that it is well worth the money.
    Sent from Marx Maxx

Is brightness all the way up, or is it on Automatic Brightness? Might seem a little dim if on auto.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is brightness all the way up, or is it on Automatic Brightness? Might seem a little dim if on auto.
    Might be the problem, I'll check on it Friday when she brings it back (coworker)
    I will say scrolling through magazine articles wasn't as 'snappy' as on my fire.
    good looking unit..Jellybean looks better.
    VERY lightweight though.
    So, yes, it may have been dim.

I'm really digging the Note 10.1 and the Asus Infinity. Wait for Windows 8 and be disappointed or get one of these....
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

That Note looks pretty cool, I surely like the spen and split screen functions. but it is so big compared to a N7 or KF.
    My KF, if not in it's case, I can literally just stick it in my jeans back pocket.
    That's one of the things I love about it..the size.
    One case where, ahem.....
    bigger is not better.
    But, it's still really cool.
    Maybe a Note 7 is in the worx.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

That Note looks pretty cool, I surely like the spen and split screen functions. but it is so big compared to a N7 or KF.
    My KF, if not in it's case, I can literally just stick it in my jeans back pocket.
    That's one of the things I love about it..the size.
    One case where, ahem.....
    bigger is not better.
    But, it's still really cool.
    Maybe a Note 7 is in the worx.

Xoom LTE purchased over a year and a half ago and running better than ever on Jellybean! My wife has a wifi Xoom and loves it as well.

Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

All of this upcoming tablet war combined with this amazing phone we all own here, makes one really second guess the NEED for a tablet like the N7 or KF.
    Because in reality, afaik, the only thing I cannot do on Maxx is read my free book on my Amazon Prime subscription.
    I haven't found anything else I cannot do on it.
    Sure..it's easier to read and manipulate on the 7" screen of that fine N7 I played with last week.

That said, if I had to buy one now, I'd def go for the N7 (I guess I'd wait on the KF2 to see what's up with it)
    But, again...I'm not sure it's all worth even the $200.00 for that larger screen convenience.
    I always have my phone in my pocket.
    But, even with it being a comfortable 7" and fits in a jeans pocket, I don't always have my KF in my pocket.

So, I guess what I'm examining here is:
    With the screen size and usefulness of a Droid Razr Maxx...
    WHY do we even need a tablet?
    **The Note, with it's stylus, note taking and split screen use, does make a valid argument here.**

Nexus 7... Inexpensive, great size, and mega fast.

Carrier
    I don't root.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

Started out with a Nook Color rooted running CM7 and then bought a Galaxy Tab 7 from TMo and then chilled on tablets for about 18 months. Tuesday morning this week I was logging onto my desktop and that seductive little Nexus 7 ad in Chrome popped up for about the 10th time and I gave in and bought 2 - 8GB models. One for me and one for my son. They came UPS Thursday around noon and we have really given them a workout today. Both units are physically flawless, no dead pixels or any other problems that have been reported. We are just amazed that these things were only $200 and came with the $25 Play Store credit. I can't say enough good things about the N7 and the screen is amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    leroybrute likes this.

Blackberry playbook here,64 GB. Bought out in January to go along with my now sold blackberry bold. The combination was pretty cool because you can"bridge"the 2 devices do that the playbook connects to the phone for its internet connection. Although it was only 3G. Still like and use the playbook for its flash capability and its size.

I'm on a Galaxy 8.9 and the new ipad. Surprising enough, the ICS updates that just rolled out for the 8.9 has improved its performance dramatically. I've actually been using the 8.9 a ton now. I almost sold it before the update.

Looking into trading the ipad in and getting Galaxy Note 10.1 now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Black Widow

Kindle Fire running CM9. Trying to decide on getting another one of these or a Nexus. Really do LOVE the build quality of the Kindle though. Tough, sturdy, very well made. Not plastic and flimsy...

Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Kindle Fire running CM9. Trying to decide on getting another one of these or a Nexus. Really do LOVE the build quality of the Kindle though. Tough, sturdy, very well made. Not plastic and flimsy...

Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9
    I agree with the build quality of the Fire. But the N7 is a beast and the same cost as a Fire. I HATE the bookshelf thing. After putting Go Launcher Ex on my Fire I use it a lot more now.
    I am considering getting an N7 and giving my Fire to my wife or son.
    The Fire2 is going to have to come out with some new sparks if it wants to stay in the heat.
    Namely, douse out that bookshelf and give us JB to use.
    Although I love me some Amazon, I can still use Amazon with Jelly Bean and without the constraining bookshelf.

Sent from Marx Maxx

Now rocking the Note. I like it, but not using the split screen or the pen as much as I thought I would. The screen is just meh, text isn't as clear as I hoped.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast