Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got tablet?

Since we're all such Androidphiles here, it'd be interesting to see who has a tablet and what kind you have. They sorta run and in hand.. these phones and tablets... Apps/tethering, etc.
    I am the proud owner of a Kindle Fire but I have to admit I'm lusting for a Nexus 7.
    :-)

Sent from Marx Maxx
    Galaxy NOTE 4
    Tab 2

rootless, happy Androidian

Default Re: Got tablet?

Acer A500 and A100. Starting to think about replacing the A100 with a Nexus 7.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    Since we're all such Androidphiles here, it'd be interesting to see who has a tablet and what kind you have. They sorta run and in hand.. these phones and tablets... Apps/tethering, etc.
    I am the proud owner of a Kindle Fire but I have to admit I'm lusting for a Nexus 7.

Sent from Marx Maxx
    ditto and ditto
    Just some hobo with a phone

Sony Tablet S.

ROM
    Stock, rooted

Hate to be a traitor but the new iPad. It is provided to me through work however so that's my excuse.

iPad 2 here, and excuse is... that is what I wanted. In fact we have 3 of them, just typed this message out while linked to my razor maxx.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwoe View Post
    Hate to be a traitor but the new iPad. It is provided to me through work however so that's my excuse.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    That's deserving of a hearty LOL.

Sent from Marx Maxx
    Galaxy NOTE 4
    Tab 2

Thanked by 2:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

i do what i can when the world presents an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post

Sent from Marx Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with recent ICS upgrade

All phones in or house are Android (Razr Maxx, Bionic, Galaxy S3).
    We own to iPads and a rooted nook with CM7.

Yes, using a Xoom 2.

iPad BOO!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Been thinking about the nexus tablet. Just wish it had expandable storage

sent from the fingers of a madman
    BradenFontaine@gmail.com

OG Xoom still on ICS, haven't had time to wipe it and go to JB since I'm having issues with loading JB. I might pick up a ASUS Infinity Pad 700. Or maybe a ultra book but I'm not sure yet.

We have 2 Razr Maxx's, 3 Rezounds for phones.
    We have an Asus tf101 and tf700 both with keyboard docks, Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0, Vizio tab, and a rooted nook with cm7. And that doesn't count all the ones we have sold traded etc. Me and my son are electronic technology nuts. Mine personally are the Tf700 and the Samsung tab 2 7.0.
    What's weird is my favorite of every tablet we have or have had is not the $700 Tf700 it is the $249 Samsung 7". It is much more convenient, easier to handle and haul around. And a lot less bugs and smoother than the rest.
    PS. I can't bring myself to buying a tablet with little internal storage and no external storage "Nexus7".
    Another PS. If you want a 7" Jellybean tablet wait a little more than a month. The Acer A110 will be out with quad core tegra 3 , JB. It will also have extra ports and external SD slot that the Nexus 7 doesn't have for the same price point as the Nexus 7.
    Thanked by:

The storage problem was an issue for me, but I got over it with the cloud.

And.. I'll just leave this here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got tablet?-uploadfromtaptalk1344995543419.jpg  

Woops, wrong screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got tablet?-uploadfromtaptalk1344995667294.jpg  
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    Woops, wrong screenshot.

What have you done to yours?

BradenFontaine@gmail.com

Trinity Seven kernel to overclock to 1600mhz and various other tweaks. Also got the Glazed ROM running.

Those quadrants were just for benchmarking purposes. I actually underclock to save battery so I normally run a 4.5 - 5k quadrant with battery saving settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I sadly have no tablets at all I'm too broke for that, I've got kids, bills, and a crappy paying job. I've tried to win everything possible with no luck so unless a miracle happens this maxx with hdmi cable is my large tablet lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXXIMUM AWESOMENESSMOBILE

I'm getting the Note 10.1 when its available. Probably pre ordering tomorrow if its available to do so. Very excited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    leroybrute likes this.

Ipad2. Waiting for the MS Slate tablet with Windows 8 to come out before looking for something different.

I am putting Android on my daughters Nook Color this week for funsies though.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

In addition to my Razr Maxx, I have an Asus Transformer 101 with ICS and a Nook Color running a dual boot of the Nook OS and Gingerbread under Cyanogen mod 7.

Of course, I am totally ready to upgrade the tablets. Thinking seriously about the Asus Infinity. I was so ready to spring for the Nexus7, but no expandable storage held me back. I'll decide after the iPad Mini is announced next month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    leroybrute likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    All phones in or house are Android (Razr Maxx, Bionic, Galaxy S3).
    We own to iPads and a rooted nook with CM7.
    All that explains your screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Been thinking about the nexus tablet. Just wish it had expandable storage

BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    You know, I don't think I'll miss that. I mean, Fire is nearly a year old and I haven't used 1/2 the storage. like the other dood said: Cloud.
    TBH, I really am ok with the Fire. But, I love the N7 can make folders and customize your homescreen. I hate those little sliding shelves on my KF. They're cute and all but stuff moves around. I want a more pure Android OS that's useable. NOw, I use Amazon a lot, and still will... but you can get the same experience with the Amazon App.
    I have FINALLY gotten my wife a little more wired and she reads a lot. She'll get the KF and she's happy with that.
    Shhhhh....Don't tell her, but that was sorta the plan all along.
    Planned hand me down
    Galaxy NOTE 4
    Tab 2

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    The storage problem was an issue for me, but I got over it with the cloud.

And.. I'll just leave this here.

Showing the Nexus 7 muscle. LoL. My Asus Infinity runs 5850 quadrants stock, probably run better quadrants but it has the 10" 1080p screen. My Asus prime was a lot smoother tablet though. Maybe jelly bean will smooth it out when it updates to it in a month or so.
    Question for ya. Have you had any problems with your screen pop out yet on your Nexus 7? A friend is on his second for that reason. I have read a lot of people are having that issue, and replacements are hard to get with the back order issues.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast