gps not working

danimal00

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I just did an update to google maps and afterward my gps is not working. I get a blinking gps symbol and when I pull down the notification window it says "searching for gps". I tried rebooting and uninstalling update but niether worked. Anybody have any suggestions or a fix? thanks

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Even before the update my phone takes AGES lock on to the GPS signal. Never was able to figure out why that happens

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine went bad as well but I do not remember doing a maps update. Called Verizon customer service, and after many variations of soft boot, re-boot, factory reset, and various gps service options nothing worked. So they decided to send me a new (replacement) handset. It arrived today.... A galaxy nexus without battery or back plate,:-\ ( I used to have one).
Anyway, I am supposed to get another one tomorrow and will see if it works and will report back.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
After promising me a replacement phone for Saturday delivery, one came today.
It was a brand new phone in box with charger! Not a referb.
So I set up the pone went to maps and bam linked right on to GPS:).
Works great.
Before giving up on my old phone I updated maps and then uninstalled all maps updates to go back to factory and the GPS still did not work. I think the map update is simply coincidental.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Crazy as it sounds, there are a few of us who found that toggling your Bluetooth on/off sometimes got the GPS antenna locking on to a satellite signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463