razr maxx calendar will not sync with google calendar

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have checked all settings and accounts on the phone and can not get the phone calendar to sync with google calendar. Try the steps from google search but none of them resolved the problem.

THX

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the events you are entering on your Maxx belong to one of your Google Calendars, not "Phone Calendar" (which doesn't sync to Google). At the top of the screen for a new event, you'll see which calendar it'll be saved to; if it says "Phone Calendar", then touch it and select a calendar from your Google account. It will then sync properly.

I believe Phone Calendar will sync with Microsoft Outlook, if you have it set up to do so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: barrycinti

cpiadrazr

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I dont get option to choose my gmail calender it does not even show up. Events added defsult to Outlook, but I will loose ISP.service for one month while I deploy. I will lose my Comcast email.address and Microsoft exchange will be blacked out. I need to sync google notebook to google Razr Maxx Calendars.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, go to Settings->Accounts & sync and select your Gmail account. Do you see "Sync Calendar" there? If so, then your phone should be syncing with your Google calendar.

Next, go to Calendar, hit Menu->Calendars to display. What calendars do you see? "Phone calendar" is the one that syncs with Outlook. You ought to see your Google calendars listed as well (My Calendar is usually the default Google calendar). If they're unchecked, then you won't see them in your calendar view--make sure the ones you want to see are checked.

Also, if you go to Menu->Settings, you should see your Gmail account listed there. Tapping it will give you a list of your Google calendars, and checkboxes to select which ones you want to keep synced.

Finally, if you go to Menu->Settings->General settings, you can select the default calendar that events you enter on your phone will be saved to. Tap Default calendar, and select the one you want.

Albech

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have made sure that all of the settings are correct, as stated in the thread of this post. However, my Outlook 2007 calendar, with regard to my work appointments, is still not syncing with the calendar widget on my Droid Razr Maxx ICS. This is really frustrating, as I really do depend on all of the notifications that the calendar app provides. Has anyone successfully synced their work Outlook calendars to their Razr Maxx phone through an exchange server?

I appreciate any relevant feedback. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have direct experience with syncing Outlook calendars with Android phones, but I did find this help page on the Moto website. Follow the links for info and the download. Note that this syncs your Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar, which should then sync with your phone.

https://motorola-global-en-aus.cust...l/a_id/82743/p/30,6720,8455/p_country_code/HK

I also found this on Google Play. Again, I have no direct experience with it, but it might help with what you need to do:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ZXJvLmFuZHJvaWQubW90b3N5bmMiXQ&token=CVI2pdoD..

Nikos Dog

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to move my outlook appointments into my new google calendar, it was hit or miss. Some events appeared and some didn't. I ended up deleting and reentering appointments. It was a pain but it was the only solution that worked for me.

rebkov7

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to make the gmail calendar the default calendar instead of the "phone calendar". I tried to edit an event that I have in the future to set the calendar to my gmail and it would not allow me to change it. But, when I attempted to add a new event it would allow me to select an account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You probably can't change an event from Phone Calendar to your Google Calendar--I think you'll just have to enter it again, this time assigned to your Google Calendar. I've never quite understood the need for Phone Calendar or Phone Contacts, unless you need to sync them somehow with Outlook using a 3rd party program.