Well, they're sending me a *new* Maxx,

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
We were out of town past couple days and my phone had zero reception for nominees calls. I could still text and go online but couldn't hear people when they called and they couldn't hear me. Just thought signal was bad (even though husband's Rezound was fine) until I realized I also had no sound for music or netflix (sometimes it worked with the headphones). Powering phone off didn't help. Voice on Navigator also didn't work but it hasn't in a while and I just assumed it was because of ICS. So I finally called Verizon and after technical support drilled me with a thousand questions, she finally says okay, as it turns out this is a a known issue for a 'small' number of phones and the manufacturer phone warranty will replace it with a used, *good as new* certified Maxx. When I said that I don't even think I had the phone 3 months, can I possibly get a new phone, she said that each individual certified phone goes through a rigorous 100 point inspection, whereas a one or two phones gets pulled out of a shipment of new phones robbery tested, so buggy ones may escape and get through through. Not sure I believe that. Blah. So new Maxx should be here Monday. Bummed as it's my first new phone in almost 3 years (used Maxx on craiglist doesn't count) . Hopefully won't have problems with new phone *cross fingers*

Anyway, I know that I can just switch SD cards to transfer pictures etc, but was wondering if there is also a backup app or program that anyone uses? I like to be doubly safe if possible.

sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In order to back up your app info you need to be rooted.

Make sure you backup your contacts. I would back them up to google and export them to your sd card along with using backup assistant. I did a factory reset on my Maxx and only backed up my contacts to backup assistant. Didn't work and lost them all. Now all my contacts are via google and I back it up to the sd card periodically.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet in insuring you keep all your SD content is to just backup what you want onto your PC/Mac as well. And if you've been adding your contacts to a Google account, you can just add the account to your new phone and the contacts will be there. As far as app data, can't really back it up without root like the user above me has stated.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting my fourth "new" Maxx today. They're lasting on average about 2 months each before they die. This time it was on the charger and the screen went blank and I couldn't reboot it. The know-it-all Verizon rep says, "It just needs a reboot" like I'm the idiot. When it didn't budge, he changed his tune. Called Verizon and of course all they can do is replace it with a "tested" phone. How many phones is it going to take before I can replace it with any other model? Do all Motorola phones suck this bad?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting my fourth "new" Maxx today. They're lasting on average about 2 months each before they die. This time it was on the charger and the screen went blank and I couldn't reboot it. The know-it-all Verizon rep says, "It just needs a reboot" like I'm the idiot. When it didn't budge, he changed his tune. Called Verizon and of course all they can do is replace it with a "tested" phone. How many phones is it going to take before I can replace it with any other model? Do all Motorola phones suck this bad?

I can't really answer that, as I have owned the Bionic and Maxx and never had a problem with either. Of course the occasional data drop that would last a few minutes, but nothing else was wrong with either. To me, Motorola phones are top of the line.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I received a like new phone for a different issue and it much better on signal level. The signal level is about 10db better. Glad I got the replacement phone. Works better and no physical defects on screen or case. Good luck.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay maybe I'm remembering wrong, but shouldn't the Netflix screen be bigger than a box? The sides are cut off. Is there a special setting I need to do for that? Right now it's not streaming on the fill screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay maybe I'm remembering wrong, but shouldn't the Netflix screen be bigger than a box? The sides are cut off. Is there a special setting I need to do for that? Right now it's not streaming on the fill screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

It has to do with what resolution the show or movie is being streamed. Shows not in HD will have the sides cut off. Happens to me on those shows all the time and does the same when I stream to my tv or xbox. It sucks but at least on the tv I can stretch it but normally don't as it looks terrible lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech