Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM

Default How to delete multiple emails

I have a stock Razor Maxx with OTA ICS. I use gmail. Not other email app. So what I am wanting to do is to delete multiple emails without having to check each email being deleted. For instance, let say I have 200 message in my spam folder. How can I just delete all the message in the spam folder and be done with it? Same for trash folder.

I feel like this is a simple possibility but I just figure it out myself.
    If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got!

Default Re: How to delete multiple emails

Good question. I usually just delete them from my account on the computer.
    Haven't found a way to do it from the phone yet.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

dont see a way to do it other than checking each box
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

ROM
    Arctic HD

they delete automatically on the phone. if you want to delete them all you have to use the computer

This is nuts. Ther should be a "check all" option. I get around 50 spams daily and would like to delete them all at once, checking each one is annoying. I could do it that way on my old wm phone from years ago. I know they self delete after a certain time, but doesn't that time period default to 30 days? Way to long.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

use a different 3rd party email app and setup Gmail through it. Someone's gotta offer the select all option.

ROM
    Arctic HD

That's why it goes to the spam folder.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Interesting. I'm 2 days into this phone after coming from a BB Storm (the original Storm, no less). You could swipe-select multiple emails on that one, kinda surprised with all the gesture-ability on this beauty that you can't do the same... Still investigating!

I have a Razr Maxx ICS (Ver 4.0) and if you select ONE email check-box to delete it, a flag displays on the bottom menu of the screen and 3 DOTS stacked vertically appear to the right of it. Click the DOTS and a "Select ALL" will display on the bottom of the screen. Select it, then you can selectively "un-select/un-check" those you may still want to save before clicking the TRASH CAN icon in the lower left corner to delete the emails.

This is applicable for my MSN/Hotmail account, so check it on your emails accounts.....Lowell

Can't delete multiple emails on the Nexus 7. This applies to 'Gmail' or other emails redirected to my Nexus 7 mail program from my other email accounts - the suggestion to tick one email first and then 'select all' does not work - there is NO select all.

Hi,
    this makes me nuts too! you used to be able to do this in hotmail, now that it is outlook you do not get a seclect all flag....any other suggestions?