Can't make any SmartActions rules!

DriverOneAF1

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
When I go to SmartActions and attempt to put in a new rule, I add the trigger (any trigger) and then I add the action. When I say I'm done, the trigger is gone! Then if I do it backwards, the same thing happens - Insert action, insert trigger, action is gone.

DriverOneAF1

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I made the mistake of hitting the back button the first time. After that, it worked as it should. It's just been of late that this has occurred.

Edit: I just realized what you meant. Finalizing the rule isn't the issue. When I hit + to make a trigger, I choose, say, battery level. Hit the OK, and then I go to + to add an action. Say screen brightness gets set to 25%. I hit OK... Now there's no trigger. I can save the rule at this point, but there is no trigger.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it would be good at this point to clear cache and data in the app... go to Settings > Apps > All > select SmartAction app > Clear cache, then Clear data... reboot... then try it again.

Second thing is while in the app clearing cache and data, what version of the app are you using??? I have 3.1.5.2.0, which I believe is the latest... and it works for me.

DriverOneAF1

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it would be good at this point to clear cache and data in the app... go to Settings > Apps > All > select SmartAction app > Clear cache, then Clear data... reboot... then try it again.

Second thing is while in the app clearing cache and data, what version of the app are you using??? I have 3.1.5.2.0, which I believe is the latest... and it works for me.

I also have 3.1.5.2.0. I have done what you mentioned, and I still have the issue. I even attempted to save the rule after the program erased the trigger, which said the rule wouldn't be automatic, which makes sense. I have something called SmartActions FW?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I never touched that FW file, but I'd imagine that you could clear the cache and data on that file as well... if that doesn't work then I'd go to Motorola's SmartActions forum, register and report your issue... maybe someone over there has heard of this or has a suggestion. It might take a day or two to get an answer some times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12