Verizon replacing my Bionic with a Razr Maxx...

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After having data issues with my Droid Bionic, the rep offered me a Droid Razr. Since I have the extended battery on my Bionic, I told him I would accept the Razr Maxx as a replacement, and he agreed to do it. What do I need to know about the Razr Maxx? Any know issues? I have read many of the threads, and it appears to be a solid phone.

Sent from my Xoom running EOS3 Jelly Bean using Tapatalk 2.

TGuy

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
You may want to look around for some protection and since it's thin the otterbox commuter isn't that bad of a case other than that sit back and enjoy the this lovely beast of a phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh its worth it and the battery is fantastic. I've been on Wi-Fi all day and my battery has lasted a very long time. The only issues I've been hearing of is ICS battery life but as you can see its fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat. They offered me a razr, but I had the extended battery (I bought a month before on sale at Verizon for 25bucks) so they offered me the Maxx. Much better phone, and the battery life is better than the extended battery on the Bionic. There was a few glitches with the ICS update but for me at least, they have went away.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others. I'd browse the MAXX forum and sit back and relax. I will say it's weird for me to go to work and NOT bring my phone charger :) But it'll last all day and then some for me. I use smart actions and it's great. Coming from a Nexus this thing is amazing and a lifesaver. No more phone dying while I'm out late w my homies. Mine came preinstalled with ICS. I heard some concerns with the battery life suffering bc of the update. However I'm doing good. (Fingers crossed) I think with a few charge cycles it'll settle down. ICS is more demanding than GB.

Last edited:

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I am really getting excited about the Droid Razr Maxx. I wish I had opted to pay for the overnight shipping, but I will have to wait until next week.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I received my Razr Maxx today, and I am extremely disappointed. The phone works great, but condition of the "Certified Like New" phone is atrocious. At the top corner of the phone, the back and bezel are both pulled apart from the phone. The carbon fiber on back of the phone is lumpy with shiny spots, like it had been glued back on and the glue soaked through the carbon fiber. I am including some pictures showing the defects as best I can. I called Verizon right away, and they are overnight shipping another "Certified Like New" phone to me. I'm not really optimistic, but anything has to be better than the one I got.

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
That is ridiculous. I don't understand how they can send something like that and call it like new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
That really stinks. My certified Maxx was in really good shape, no scratches or scrapes. Good for you for calling, I bet they figure most people will just accept anything they send if it works. How are you liking it btw?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That really stinks. My certified Maxx was in really good shape, no scratches or scrapes. Good for you for calling, I bet they figure most people will just accept anything they send if it works. How are you liking it btw?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

I love it! I really don't want to return this phone. I am thinking I might try taking the back off the replacement and putting it on this phone, but I don't know what is involved.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
That's nuts! I can't believe they'd send something like that out. I'm sorry your first go with the RAZR MAXX was that! The insides of the phone works yes? Once you get a cosmetically nice phone, you too will be in love with the inside and out :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the exact reason I HATE the whole idea of refurbs. Its like I always say, how am i supposed to know the previous owner didn't drop their phone in the toilet and now I'm holding it up to the side of my face!? Verizon doesn't put the work into it that they say they do, or phones like this would NEVER be shipped back out.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a clnr sent to replace my Nexus as well. It is flawless and I'm 100% satisfied.

However, it didn't have an sd card included. (New Sim, no sd). I called 611 and calmly and politely explained that the Nexus didn't have removable storage. The Rep asked that I hold for a few minutes as she called my local VZW and had a 32gb card/adaptor/reader reserved for me. She said as long as I picked it up that day it would be no problem. I promptly went to the store and another Rep had it waiting for me at the counter. Retail was about $70! Cost.... $0

Excellent customer service.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Damn. I should have done that when I swapped my nexus, I didn't even think about it I just went and bought a 16gb card.

Although I think you got lucky, they usually charge you for accessories. Like if the maxx didn't have a built in battery they would charge you for it.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You need to just copy and paste the entire post with the pictures up to Verizon's corporate office. I hate to see someone lose their job, but that should have never left the warehouse. I'm sure if you do that they will compensate you in some way, even if it is just a small credit on your bill. A lot of people say bad stuff about their customer service, but the times they screwed up and I called them out, they made up for it in their Swift fair service.

Sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@mail.com

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
What did you have to say for them to send you a maxx to replace your bionic? I am having similar problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What did you have to say for them to send you a maxx to replace your bionic? I am having similar problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I also just called Verizon to vent after seeing the announcement that Bionic won't get ICS until 4Q (after originally saying "early 3Q"). I called them yesterday to vent and the told me they understand my frustration and said they would let me do and early upgrade even though I wasn't eligable for an upgrade for several more months. I could have done a GS3 for $199, but chose the MAXX instead because I like the big battery (although my wife has the GS3 and that is also an awesome phone). The phone I'm getting in brand new - not a refurbished one. The most laughable part of the phone call was when they also offered me the option of switching to an iPhone 4 for "free" or a 4s for "only" $99! The Verizon rep was very easy to deal with - took almost no effort to get what I wanted. And I checked some completed listings on EBay and discovered that used Bionics are selling for ~$150, so I'm going to sell mine and recoup most of the cost of my new MAXX.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36