Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bradenfontaine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Task killer

Just wondering if there is a task killer build in the maxx? I don't want to download any off the market I heard it does more harm then good is that true?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Default Re: Task killer

Task killers are not good for your phone.
    Thanked by 2:

There used to be a stock task killer with Gingerbread on the Razr Maxx, but they got rid of it with ICS. Task killers are generally not helpful in Android, because many apps will restart after you stop them. If you have a task killer set up to automatically stop certain apps, the constant cycling of apps turning on and then off can actually drain your battery more. The only reason to use a task killer is if there's an app that you suspect is malfunctioning (and thereby taking up excess CPU cycles), and you can do this simply by going to Manage Apps, and selecting Force Stop.
    Thanked by:

I understand that the new OS makes them superfluous too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    all stock

i go in and close them out through the home screen. when u are on yourr home screen hold the home button and it will show you a list of apps that were running and swipe them off of the screen to close them

That actually doesn't close the app. Long pressing the home button just brings up a recent apps list, not a task manager. You can tell it doesn't close the app by opening something like Pandora, playing some music, then swiping that app away. The music will keep playing, meaning that the app didn't close.

Thanked by:

So what's the point of swiping them away? I guess my question is what does swiping them away actually do?

Good question. It just de-clutters your recent app list, I guess. I suppose it might be useful if you use the recent app list a lot to start your frequently used apps, and if there's an outlier in there, you can swipe it away.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

That's what I use it for...

If you wanna kill unused tasks... Reboot.

sent from the fingers of a madman
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    rjr1209 likes this.