NFL Mobile hangs, won't finish loading on rooted Razr Maxx.

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks. I am running a Razr Maxx rooted but temp un-rooted with Voodoo. I took the NFL Mobile update. I went into settings and Applications. I cleared cache, and un-installed the updates. I powered down the phone, waited, pulled the simm, re-installed. Still, no go. The app stalls just after the splash screen.

Funny, NFL mobile runs fine on the S3 that is rooted and running a rom (Beanstown 106) that is free of Verizon bloatware (hotswapped simm card).

I have a friend who works 4 Verizon. He was unable to run the app on his personal Bionic. But he too was able to load and run it on his corporate S3.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for highjacking this thread but the damn app screwed me up! It lagged my phone down so bad during opening that it subscribed me for NFL Mobile and I don't want to pay the premium of $4.99. How do I cancel this? I can't find info anywhere and Verizon doesn't list it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am in phoenix az. I can not yet get nfl to start. In general, where are you? What state??

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it as hijacking. I see it as an opportunity to inform the unwashed masses as to some of the risks involved in using the NFL app from Verizon.

I too noticed a bogging down of my device as I tried to implement the changes the app introduced. I just thought it was something to do with a phone that was not working as it should.

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In the 2011 season, it was free to those who bought a Bionic or a Razr. Of course that was to get you to buy the phone then. Now you have to pay for the service.

It really is worth it to me because I don't subscribe to cable. Yet I can watch games that air on ESPN. And, in that I am rooted, I can use an app that lets me play the game on my big screen tv (something the native NFL app doesn't allow).

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, first, call Verizon and tell them that you no longer are interested in the service. Likely, they will refund any money you have spent and remove from your system the app if you can't figure out.

To delete the app: Settings -> Apps -> NFL Mobile -> delete the app.

You can go to Google Play, log on, and look up your apps. Then when you find NFL Mobile, tap it and then tap "Uninstall."

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon and they removed it. He said the service was even difficult for him to find as it was hidden in my features list. There should really be a confirmation of acceptance because that's ridiculous.

Be careful if you don't want premium. I'll be uninstalling now after that one.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, first, call Verizon and tell them that you no longer are interested in the service. Likely, they will refund any money you have spent and remove from your system the app if you can't figure out.

To delete the app: Settings -> Apps -> NFL Mobile -> delete the app.

You can go to Google Play, log on, and look up your apps. Then when you find NFL Mobile, tap it and then tap "Uninstall."

Just a note, this is a factory app so you need to delete the updates first and than disable it. You can't uninstall it directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke