Signal, switching between 3G and 4G LTE

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, one thing that I am not impressed with on the Maxx is the problem with the phone switching between 3G and 4G LTE. I purchased this phone for my gf a couple of months ago. The worst part of it is that when it does switch, it drops whatever phone call you are on.

It seems like they never really solved the problem since the Droid Bionic was released. It isn't as bad as it was on the Bionic, but it is definitely still there. It is too bad too, the phone is a decent phone other than that. I'm really disappointed in Motorola not solving this problem.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem, called Verizon and they said I should have full signal. They had me take Sim card out for five minutes and turn back on, said would download new PRL. did that and still no good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Switching between 3G and 4G eats up alot of battery, too. When I'm on wifi the power barely goes down. At work, I start in 4G and it flucuates between that and 3G and sometimes drops out completely. Meanwhile, the battery is draining faster than the kitchen sink. Keep the power cord handy!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Switching between 3G and 4G eats up alot of battery, too. When I'm on wifi the power barely goes down. At work, I start in 4G and it flucuates between that and 3G and sometimes drops out completely. Meanwhile, the battery is draining faster than the kitchen sink. Keep the power cord handy!

i'm not too worried about the battery. I've always got a power supply for my phones. I think at this point, I'm more disappointed and somewhat miffed because it seems to me like Motorola, a company that is supposed to know their radios still can't seem to get this one fixed.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, been living wirh it, very annoying, I've flashed the 215 also, didn't make a difference. Stupid effin phone!

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a DX prior and had it rooted, oc and romd. My biggest regret is not getting the g-nex, there is just almost nothing out there regarding kernals and roms for this device. I also have a GN7 tablet rooted and romed that is flawless and lightning fast. Never again will I go with a locked bootloader, lesson learned here.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i honestly wonder if its not something on Verizon's end... according to the Cell Phone Coverage Map app i'm getting better signal than most people report. but in the really bad areas i will fluctuate.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The frustrating part is, most if the time I'm in a strong 4g area and the speed is very fast, still it switches back and forth.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
care to root? i had similar issues before i rooted, and now that i am rooted with a custom ROM, i do not. if it is software based then yes Moto needs to fix it. it very well may be. i don't think it is hardware based because i changed my software and the problem went away. i take back what i said about it being a Verizon issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX